Stay as far away from the Mud Shack as you can

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Real-life inspiration for the movie "The Astronaut Farmer".
mike

Post by mike »

:lol:
dangitdoug

Quack Shack.

Post by dangitdoug »

I dealt with Roger Boy many moons ago. When trunked scanners first hit the market. He told me only law enforcement could own them and refused to sell me one. When he found out I worked on an indian reservation, he said I was eligible for a "Federal Exemption" to purchase one. Then of course he backed out of that statement after a week.

Just another business day in The Quack Shack!
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

He must have inherited a bunch of money so he can run these unlicensed businesses at what should be a loss and get off screwing with people, no consequences.
Mav7200

Post by Mav7200 »

Well we filled out the affidavit for the credit card company to do the charge back. Also received correspondence from the BBB that they were going to send something to him. I am just trying to put theis guy on enough people's radars to get him to operate legitimatly. Hopefully he will think twice about dicking someone around if he knows there are potential consequences. We will know if the provisional credit will stay soon I guess. If he disputes it with them, I will take legal action and persue it through the city attorney's office. I have a 5 page long chronology of everything that has happened and I sent it to Turko with no reply yet. THis may be too limited for him to deal with. Thanks for the support guys! Hopefully I will have some resolution soon. I will keep everyone posted.
Control

Post by Control »

[quote="PStuart"]When I was researching making my scanner purchase, I was told by mudshack that the re-programming needed to be re-done every 6 months due to the frequencies and talkgroup ids constantly changing. Of course its an expensive upgrade to pay for the re-programmings. I'm glad I found these boards and webpages before I shelled out the extra cash for their programming. Glad everything worked out for you[/quote]

I program radios for customers of HRO, and I do ALL updates for free, and also only charge $20!
Control

Post by Control »

[quote="Mav7200"] He also said that there are 1700 people in this corporation nationally and that their "team of lawyers" said that the contract was completed on the 14th.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHA! And the Moon IS made of green cheese!
Mav7200

Post by Mav7200 »

Is this Jerry?
IronCross

Post by IronCross »

I been there twice. Both times felt like he didnt want us there. The first time he tried to make a sale then about 6 years later we go in and my dad asked if he had or could he hold of a CB radio and he said oh thos radios are crap and they are illegal bla bla bla (nothing is illegal about the model my dad wanted dont remember the model, but he got it some where else for cheap) and acted like he wanted us to leave we're bothering him attitude. So we left and will NEVER go back.

Like I said in my thread a good place for uniden scanners for a good price is Bearcat Warehouse Main

This is what I got BCD996T @ Bearcat Warehouse +USB Total of $541.00

Beats Mudcrap at what 700+?
Batman2150

BC 101

Post by Batman2150 »

Back in the early 70s when the Bearcat 101 scanner came out, one of the first programmable scanners, they were only made available to policemen and firemen at first due to the limited supply of them. Other than this I am not aware of any restrictions on scanner sales in California.