Stay as far away from the Mud Shack as you can

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
IPN911

Hahahaha!

Post by IPN911 »

Yer funny Batman! Did you invite Roger back to the batcave for some campfire stories again? Did he have his secret service detail with him? Inquiring minds want to know!!! LMAO...

Unfortunately, Mav, your wife was scammed. Roger has no super secret ultra covert channels, and if he did, he has no means to modify a digital scanner to receive said super secret ultra covert (encrypted) channels. As has been previously stated, he is full of $#!+. Go forward with the chargeback and let the credit card company deal with that POS!

Next time you need a scanner, talk to Tom at Ham Radio Outlet (HRO) and get Control (forum member) to program it (Tom can give you his number). He'll give you a hell of a lot more comprehensive program than you'll ever get from Roger!!!!

Hope everything works out for you.
Mav7200

Post by Mav7200 »

Thanks, I did end up going to HRO and purchasing mine there and I think Control did the programming in the store for me the next day... The wife and I were both scammed. I am still working on putting him out of business and the CC company is working with us on the chargeback. I would hate for someone new, looking to get into the hobby, have their first experience be with Roger. Imagine all the cool people that got turned off to this hobby cause they met that ass clown!

HRO has great customer service, stuff was in stock, including the newest edition of the frequency guide and the upgraded antenna... I had an outstanding experience with them and will go back there for anything else I buy...
IPN911

Post by IPN911 »

The sad thing is Roger is somewhat notorious among those in the know (see Batman's posts) for his "fish tales". In fact, he's also a world-renowned news photographer. Just ask him. LOL

Hopefully this thread will shed some light on his business practices. Sorry you had to find out the hard way!
Mav7200

Post by Mav7200 »

Meh, live and learn right? We are just lucky that we used the credit card and not cash or we would be totally SOL. I heard all his BS when I spoke with him. My dad had a good experience with him quite a few years back and so did I when I saved up my nickles and dimes and bought my 18 foot base station CB antenna, when I was 12. I guess a lot has changed in 15 years.
IPN911

Post by IPN911 »

Here's a few other things about Roger....

1. He hasn't had a city business license in over 20 years.

2. His Jeep has had Nevada plates for at least 20 years with no CA registration. Hmmmm?

3. His White House "credential" is really a visitor day pass that he cut down and laminated to make it look legit. Hmmmm?

4. His son "Roger Jr." is really named "Paul". He ran the Vegas store (and MuddCom) into the ground a few years back.

5. He's been sued in small claims court multiple times (check court registries)!

Also, in regards to Turko, I worked with him for a couple of years and can tell you that he's probably not going to take on something like this at face value.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

This is starting to remind me of my dad's stories about my grandma. She had early-onset Alzheimer's and made up tons of stuff, like she was married to a famous architect, starred in many movies, was given the art on the walls of the nursing home, etc... all bull.

If he really was a decent guy a generation ago, the big A might explain some of the current problems, and even with Paul, since being a child of a sufferer can be detrimental to mental growth, even past childhood.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc6700.htm
Mav7200

Post by Mav7200 »

You know whats weird and I didn't catch it until now is that when I was on the phone with him he said the name Paul, then changed it to Roger real quick, then he said I have a couple of sons... Interesting.

I reported him to the city again they said that in 2006 his business license was cancelled. So I think he had one at some point and in 06 cancelled it again.

Interesting info on the day pass thing thats pretty funny. I forwarded Turko my 5 page log of all that has happened including all the agencies I have called along with their responses. I had just assumed that it didn't affect enough people to make a story about it...
Batman2150

Post by Batman2150 »

IPN911 wrote:The sad thing is Roger is somewhat notorious among those in the know (see Batman's posts) for his "fish tales". In fact, he's also a world-renowned news photographer. Just ask him. LOL

Hopefully this thread will shed some light on his business practices. Sorry you had to find out the hard way!
Well of course he's an AP photog. He even has pics of George Bush and his brother planting dynamite in the World Trade Center! It's all true, George Bush blew up the WTC buildings! Roger has proof, just ask him!

... He may not want to talk about this one though, he's had hundreds of threats on his life. That slimey George Bush will do anything to cover up his evil deeds! Poor Roger!
HOGCAT

Post by HOGCAT »

Nothing new on the "MUD SHACK" saga????
Mav7200

Post by Mav7200 »

Nope nothing worth mentioning. My wife and I got our money back through the credit card company. I never took delivery of the scanner that Roger ordered. He also never responded to the BBB complaint against him.

Karma has a long shit stick, hopefully it will come around to Roger before he chokes on a ham sandwich like mama Cass did. He doesn't deserve anything better.