Auto Gain Control

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
IronCross

Auto Gain Control

Post by IronCross »

I would like to know what you guys have setting wise for the AGC. I know how to set them, but I cant seem to get it right.

The systems that I care to be optimal is RCS with City TRS. For me it seems that Digital is quiet compaired to analog on both systems.

Scanner: BCD996T
Firmware: 3.02.00

If you could share your setting, it will be much appreciated

Digital AGC
-------------------
Response Time:
Refer Gain:
-------------------

Analog AGC
-------------------
Response Time:
Refer Gain:
Gain Range:
-------------------

P-25 Wait Time:
Hold Time [RCS]:
Delay Time [RCS]:

Hold Time [City TRS]:
Delay Time [City TRS]:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side question. There are two repeaters in IB right behind Station 70, If I recall correctly they were cell phone repeaters. As I drive next to them it kills my scanner from receiving (From the power output of the repeater correct?) Would it effect the RCS Users around the repeaters also?

Thanks
-Mark
w6kru

Re: Auto Gain Control

Post by w6kru »

Here are the settings for my 396. I'm not completely happy but I haven't made any changes for a while.

Digital AGC
-------------------
Response Time: -7
Refer Gain: +5
-------------------

Analog AGC
-------------------
Response Time: -2
Refer Gain: +2
Gain Range: 11
-------------------

P-25 Wait Time: 500ms
Hold Time [RCS]: 0
Delay Time [RCS]: 1

Hold Time [City TRS]: 0
Delay Time [City TRS]: 1
IronCross

Post by IronCross »

Thank you, Ill give it a go.

Post by 800 »

IronCross wrote: -------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side question. There are two repeaters in IB right behind Station 70, If I recall correctly they were cell phone repeaters. As I drive next to them it kills my scanner from receiving (From the power output of the repeater correct?) Would it effect the RCS Users around the repeaters also?

Thanks
-Mark
Mark -

I'm not aware of any particular issues at or around Station 70.
Yes, cell sites [especially AT&T and Nextel] impact RCS user reception of the system on the street. As (if?) rebanding progresses, the situation will get better as frequency separation between the two is increased.

Don