Cash thrown on the freeway

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
N6ATF

Re: Cash thrown on the freeway

Post by N6ATF »

I love how the reporter's assumption is that it's stolen money (and that she and a bunch of other people had the high level ANSI vests). I suppose if the DEA had traceable bills in there the guys wanted to get rid of the best evidence against them, but most people probably wouldn't care if it's just drug money. The lady in the pink scrubs seemed to consider it at least, she might keep it unless it was actually stolen. People are less inhibited when excited so I tend to believe she might have, while the people clamming up were feeling guilty in the moment.
n2deep

Post by n2deep »

Here is the video from ABLE in case you have not seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ4aOsyadHg
IronCross

Post by IronCross »

N6ATF wrote:I love how the reporter's assumption is that it's stolen money (and that she and a bunch of other people had the high level ANSI vests). I suppose if the DEA had traceable bills in there the guys wanted to get rid of the best evidence against them, but most people probably wouldn't care if it's just drug money. The lady in the pink scrubs seemed to consider it at least, she might keep it unless it was actually stolen. People are less inhibited when excited so I tend to believe she might have, while the people clamming up were feeling guilty in the moment.
That and it may not be the cheapest but it is an effective tactic to cause a freeway to backup. :mrgreen:
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Yeah, if only they weren't already screwed by having a ton of units right on them, including 2 K-9s and ABLE which wouldn't have dropped to pick up the money anyway.