Business band scanning

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
mike

Business band scanning

Post by mike »

Whenever I monitor the UHF business band on my scanners I get the annoying trbo machinegunning noise is there a way to screen that out?
Brian

Re: Business band scanning

Post by Brian »

Nothing at this time till the DMR scanners are released. Just use the 'lockout' button on your scanner.
mike

Post by mike »

would a business radio with channel scan monitor analog transmissions on the frequencies without hearing the buzzing?
Brian

Post by Brian »

Rethinking about it.

If you use the CTCSS/DCS tones on your analog frequencies. I think that will block the DMR from sounding on your scanner. (I think)
mike

Post by mike »

Yes if I set the tone yes like for instance I hear the noise on 461.4625 SWC maintenance freq and I have their ctcss tone programmed and I don't hear the noise I also found another ctcss tone for that freq 146.2 used.

But what annoys me is I have to lock out those freqs because the noise and analog users still use them with ctcss and dcs tones and I like to listen for those on them without that noise in custom searching for new analog activity.