Looking for local stringer freqs.

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
Mickier

Post by Mickier »

They even come in great in Anaheim using that unusual tone.
KE6NCQ wrote:I'll tell you what....I don't know which site/hilltop .650 is on, but I do enjoy monitoring from my house in Portola Hills (Lake Forest) in Southern OC.

Fun to monitor activity in the Metro SD area.

Brian
w6kru

Re: Looking for local stringer freqs.

Post by w6kru »

I'm going to resurrect an old thread due to my curiosity. I have several questions and I'm not sure what can and can't be answered here.

1. Who are the 'experts' on yellow? They seem to have extensive RCS system information at hand.

2. Who owns/maintains yellow and why?

3. Who has access to yellow and why? (generally)
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

'Yellow' is part of the San Diego Independent News Association. News Stringers, an organized group of them who share info and tips.

Yes, there are days/weeks when traffic on Yellow is very low. Though it's mostly active after midnight and before 8am, at best.

Those on Yellow are paid members of the organization (in general). Not open to the general public unless you have something specific to contribute, like any other business. All users are licensed GMRS people, many are also Hams.
w6kru

Post by w6kru »

Thank you Skip! That clears up several questions.
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

There's no such thing as the 'Yellow" 8)
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

These are not the droids you're looking for.
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

Isn't that what you say when you pick up the phone? Yellow. Oh sorry that's Hello :lol:
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

The official language of California is Spanish, so it's actually "Bueno?"

Post by 318 »

318 has moved to the Southwestern Riverside County area (Menifee; North of Temecula) and has started a group up there called the Western Riverside Radio Group, or WRRG for short. ( http://www.wrrg.net ) We are also using 462.650MHz, but with a PL of 218.1

Our repeater is on Elsinore Peak, and most of our members have 'unit numbers' in the 200-299 range, except for me (318) and Ed (101) who are also members of SDINA.

As you would expect, sometimes our radio traffic/repeater causes minor interferance with the SDINA 'Yellow' repeater, but it really has not been too much of a problem.

You may be able to hear us in several areas of San Diego County if you listen to 462.650 in open tone.
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

Wow look what the cat drug in. What's up Chad?? How's the fam?