Share what you hear

Posting and discussion of breaking news in San Diego. Visitors to this forum are welcome to post photos, videos and other items of interest regarding breaking news incidents in the area.
Brian

Post by Brian »

First welcome to the ScanDiego Forum!

Sorry we don't talk trash here ;) You must be thinking of BayScan or SoCalScan YahooGroup etc :roll:

smokeybehr wrote: I thought that I'd join up in case someone wanted to talk trash about me.
smokeybehr

Post by smokeybehr »

Brian wrote:First welcome to the ScanDiego Forum!

Sorry we don't talk trash here ;) You must be thinking of BayScan or SoCalScan YahooGroup etc :roll:

smokeybehr wrote: I thought that I'd join up in case someone wanted to talk trash about me.
Thanks for the welcome!

Don't get me started on BayScan. I know all about it; it was far worse before Ed passed on... SoCalScan is mellow compared to BayScan.
Steele

Post by Steele »

Misinformation is every where, especially in this business of breaking news. On your scanners, or some other source like on the web, I use some web sites to break and some to verify what I have heard because if you’re always waiting around to hear all the talk back, you will probably miss out on the money shot, they don’t call it breaking news for nothing. I don’t know how many times the news desk person said, did you get flames?
Because the fire departments are so good and knock down is so quick, and no crime scene gets smaller. Just like first responders you get started in that direction you can always cancel.

And as for IPN like said in my earlier post it is not as easy as you all have made it out to be, if you don’t get all the nomenclature correct or you don’t page it out just so, you get some kind grief!
No one at SBN has ever said squat! I am not the best speller, but I listen to five scanners and can have some pretty good tips, even if I can only draw your attention to the agency and maybe a freq or TG so you can listen to the traffic for your self. I tip some of the members on these forums, and some TV stations, and some times it’s just a tidbit of something and the quicker the better, and some times you can just call the agency involved and get the rest of the info. So for me, any route to the loot is a good one.

So to all of you that share your tips, info, time and spend your personal resources on these forums, media outlets and to Incident Notification system. TKS, you make all this so much easier for so many of us!

Steele
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Mike

We do allow people to page out incidents that are clearly verified by units on scene and with verified info. Obviously if the CAD says that they want the coroner then its a fatal and a good page. Some of the hotline dispatchers do this to back up the locals for missed major events.
I received this today after inquiring yesterday when a dispatcher from Texas was off by a few counties when paging off the CHP CAD. Apparently it's not as forbidden as thought?