A few things I have noticed

Forum for miscellaneous and non scanning related discussions. You can post about anything here, just keep it family friendly. Off-topic posts may also get moved to this forum.
USCGEMT

A few things I have noticed

Post by USCGEMT »

Well yesterday was an interesting day. I wasn't able to get pics but I will be ready next time. First saw the new Sheriff Dodge Charger with light bar as like any other police charger I must say it was a fine looking piece of machinery, 2nd I saw the new sheriff LED light bar on a new CV, I believe it was a Raydian S2 light bar, 3rd saw the new LED on a SDPD unit in PB. Just a few things I observed and thought I would share.
Brian

Re: A few things I have noticed

Post by Brian »

not sure if you seen these photos of the sheriff charger.
http://scandiego.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=710
IronCross

Post by IronCross »

Heck, I was leaving Rancho Bernardo sunday, with the tour of California on its way into RB CHP was everywhere. They also got some Chargers. They looked brand new. The ones I saw didnt have a light bar. But decked out on the grill/push bar, and around the front window.

So far I seen one SDSD Charger. From the looks of it, it looks like it was the first one they had. It had the brass looking color Star as well brass "SHERIFF" on the trunk. But the LEDS were perdy...

Post by 800 »

IronCross wrote:Heck, I was leaving Rancho Bernardo sunday, with the tour of California on its way into RB CHP was everywhere. They also got some Chargers. They looked brand new. The ones I saw didnt have a light bar. But decked out on the grill/push bar, and around the front window.

So far I seen one SDSD Charger. From the looks of it, it looks like it was the first one they had. It had the brass looking color Star as well brass "SHERIFF" on the trunk. But the LEDS were perdy...
The SDSD Chargers (I believe there are three) are eval cars. The evaluation was to stick with Crown Vics due to limited operating space in the Chargers.

EDIT: I found the Voice of San Diego story from a year ago on the cars. The Dept. got five black & whites and a number of plain cars for investigative / executive use.
IronCross

Post by IronCross »

800 wrote:The SDSD Chargers (I believe there are three) are eval cars. The evaluation was to stick with Crown Vics due to limited operating space in the Chargers.
I guess thats why I have only seen one lol
PStuart

Post by PStuart »

Southwestern College PD has a charger, I'll get a pic soon. One of I think three patrol cars, not counting the scooters.
musician2111

Post by musician2111 »

The charger is using Federal Signal's Arjent S2 lightbar. That is the main lightbar equipped on their patrol cars, however some are still running around with Federal's Raydian S2 and the oldest still have the Vision Halogen with the individual pods. The department purchased a few of the chargers to try them out but decided against them. However, they are stuck with the few they bought. They are probably assigned to the Poway, Encinitas and Ridgehaven locations and are most likely used for traffic enforcement along with recruitment uses.
hodad200

Post by hodad200 »

CHP san diego office is using chargers, caught a few on 805 on saturday.
USCGEMT

Post by USCGEMT »

Yep saw one in Escondido
Brian

Post by Brian »

Escondido PD has two.
One is a traffic unit and the other is a K-9 unit.