Site confusion

Come here to talk about the San Diego and Imperial County Regional Communications System. This is a great resource to share talkgroups and information about the countywide RCS.
w6kru

Site confusion

Post by w6kru »

I thought that the Brawley site was the same as the Superstition site but I now see in the RR database that I was wrong. Where is the Brawley site? Brawley? :oops:

Also while listening to the Brawley site this past weekend I was hearing a lot of data. Sometimes it would be a short burst and others would last a long time and usually it would be on several freqs and then be gone for a while. I use a 396T and program it with ARC396 using the RR database. I don't have this issue when listening to the North zone. ???

Re: Site confusion

Post by 800 »

w6kru wrote:I thought that the Brawley site was the same as the Superstition site but I now see in the RR database that I was wrong. Where is the Brawley site? Brawley? :oops:

Superstition is WNW of El Centro. The Brawley site is in Brawley. :wink:

w6kru wrote: Also while listening to the Brawley site this past weekend I was hearing a lot of data. Sometimes it would be a short burst and others would last a long time and usually it would be on several freqs and then be gone for a while. I use a 396T and program it with ARC396 using the RR database. I don't have this issue when listening to the North zone. ???
Without hearing what you heard I can't give a good answer, other than it isn't normal for the system to do that.
w6kru

Re: Site confusion

Post by w6kru »

I thought I would let you guys know that I think I figured out the issue with hearing data bursts. The towers on top of Superstition were so close I could see the antennas on the towers and I was listening to the Brawley site.I think that the issue was just signal overload. When I went back out a few weekends ago, I had the Superstition site programmed and I didn't hear any of the data bursts.