Which TGs on which zones

Come here to talk about the San Diego and Imperial County Regional Communications System. This is a great resource to share talkgroups and information about the countywide RCS.
w6kru

Which TGs on which zones

Post by w6kru »

Which agencies/TGs are repeated on which zones? I haven't been able to figure this out. Some but not all agencies/TGs seem to be repeated on all zones. What determines this?

Re: Which TGs on which zones

Post by 800 »

w6kru wrote:Which agencies/TGs are repeated on which zones? I haven't been able to figure this out. Some but not all agencies/TGs seem to be repeated on all zones. What determines this?
The area of operation for the agency. TGs are segregated geographically to balance users needs and available channel resources.
There is no need for Oceanside PD Dispatch to be carried in El Centro. Likewise, there is no need for El Centro PD dispatch to be carried in Chula Vista or Carlsbad.

There are four basic areas of operation (or "Zones") to the RCS:

- North Zone (generally San Diego County west of the mountains, north of SR-52) [Simulcast, 18 talk channels]
- South Zone (generally San Diego County west of the mountains, south of SR-52) [Simulcast, 18 talk channels]
- East / Northeast Zone (generally the San Diego County mountains) [Simulcast, 10 talk channels each] *****EDITED BY (31) East has 11 Voice now.

- "InteleRepeater" or "IR" sites serve Imperial County and as area "fill" sites in San Diego County. IR sites have between 4 and 10 channels. An IR site in the North Zone (covering Del Dios and SW Escondido, as an example) will only carry Countywide TGs or the TGs for agencies in the North Zone, and then only if a user is in the coverage area of the site [using the same example, the Medical Examiner's TGs will be broadcast from this site only if a ME unit is in the area].

North Zone fire agencies that would be operating (mutual aid) in the South or East Zones would shift to TGs that are available for the area of operation.
North Zone law agencies that would be operating (mutual aid or pursuit) in the South or East Zones would shift to Mutual Aid TGs that are available Countywide or for the area of operation.

Don
w6kru

Post by w6kru »

Thanks Don! You confirmed a couple of my assumptions and gave me the answer. MA channels would be countywide for sure. Duh. The incidents out in Ocotillo Wells that I hear, sparked my curiosity.
w6kru

Post by w6kru »

I hear Calfire out at Golden Acorn on the north zone though. ???

Post by 800 »

w6kru wrote:I hear Calfire out at Golden Acorn on the north zone though. ???
CalFIRE's area of operation is countywide.

Post by 31 »

Even thow something is county wide that don't mean you will hear everything they say unless there is at least one radio on the system you are listening to
that is either on that talk group or scanning that talk group. If no radio is affiliated in to that simulcast or Intelli on that group you wont hear it unless your scanning many sites.
w6kru

Post by w6kru »

Thanks for the help guys. I hadn't thought about the lack of radios on a zone preventing the repeating of a TG there. I was kind of hoping for a listing somewhere that would shorten my learning process. I found one such site but it is fairly dated and shows the zones as north, south, and central.