Imperial County RCS reception

Come here to talk about the San Diego and Imperial County Regional Communications System. This is a great resource to share talkgroups and information about the countywide RCS.
brandon
Site Admin

Imperial County RCS reception

Post by brandon »

I've heard the Imperial County has started to move its comms over to the RCS. Is reception of Imperial County just limited to the El Centro site or will it be simulcast on the RCS North/South cells?

Post by 318 »

No, you will not be able to hear the Imperial County cell on the North or South cells. It's 'part' of the East loop if I'm not mistaken. I have also heard that soon the East cell will be simulicast like the North and South cells, at that point you may be able to hear radio traffic from Imperial County.

~318
brandon
Site Admin

Post by brandon »

Thanks for the information.

Kind regards,

brandon
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

Actually, I heard the Imperial Cell will be a forth, separate cell.

Question is, will the Countywide talkgroups be shared universally with Imperial or will they have their own?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

You can catch Gold Cross ambulance on the South loop a lot as they seem to do a lot of transfers between Imperial County and San Diego. On the East loop you can usually catch ICSO Central and I've seen a handful of other talkgroups at least affiliate with the East loop. It has decent coverage on the west side of Imperial County :)

RCS EAST

Post by 31 »

If you can hear the east loop Simulcast you can catch gold cross the borrego fd and (SOME) of the imperial sheriffs only you wont hear the majority of the inperial county at all unless you live on top of mt lagunna or so.
radioPrescott

Imperial County Systems Help

Post by radioPrescott »

I regulary drive from AZ to SD via I-8 and sometimes inland via 78. What sites/freqs will I need to program to hear Imp Co traffic?

John
radioprescott
N6766J

Imperial Co Scanning

Post by N6766J »

I was in the Imperial Valley yesterday. I heard absolutely nothing. Are they totally digital now?
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

I believe they are Tim, but I could be mistaken. I think the only stuff that's analog are the mutual aid TG's.
IronCross

Post by IronCross »

To confrim. ICSO is on the RCS East loop or what system???