CALCORD

General area for posting frequencies and talkgroups for San Diego County. In this forum you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
w6pix

CALCORD

Post by w6pix »

Lately in the evening, I've been hearing a couple of guys chatting BS on CALCORD. From what they've said, they're law enforcement and it sounds like they are just out working and found a place to chat... casual stuff. I also believe they mentioned IB last night. I'm leaning towards BP, but I really don't know who they are with.

CALCORD is the California On Scene Coordination channel, rarely if ever used in San Diego and pretty much useless since not too many agencies sport VHF any longer. The CHP still has it in their radios, BP has VHF radios, but I don't know if they have CALCORD or not. I would suspect Fish and Game and CDF have it as well as any other state agency. The SDFD Bat Chiefs still have a VHF radio in their rig I think.

Anyway, it's an interesting listen. Chit chat, talked about their boats once. Maybe it's the CHP dudes. Or BP because they're sitting up high on those hills east of 905 and would get out real well...

It comes in pretty good all over the 94 and I-8 areas in SD city limits. It's of course, simplex because there are no repeaters on that channel.

Curious
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

Well, I have more insight on my question. It turns out that CALCORD is also marine ch 61 (international ship to shore) and it is in marine radios. I'm thinking that they guys I hear on it may be harbor pd units or something similar....
nobody33

Post by nobody33 »

Before I became a dispatcher, I was an explorer for one of the aboved mentioned agencies. When working traffic control details we used channel 4 (calcord) on our HT's for pointing out hot girls to each other. good times :)
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

Heh.. Yeah... I think that's about all CALCORD is used for....