Status of Forums

Want to see something added or changed on ScanDiego? This is the place to voice your comments. Anyone is encouraged to report problems or their suggestions that will help improve the site.
brandon
Site Admin

Status of Forums

Post by brandon »

Hi All

Sean was kind enough to give me access to the old SanDiego website and ownership of the domain to keep the site going.

Unfortunately there is some bad news. The reason why the forums stopped working a couple months ago is because the mysql database got corrupt and was completely empty of data. Not sure why it happened but it's possible the old forums had been hacked. The original hosting provider got out of the business, so there is no way to know for sure. The last working phpBB backup was from 2009, so the past 5 years of posts are gone. :( Bad news for sure but I guess is better than nothing. I decided to run with the 2009 data to keep some of the content for historical purposes.

Anyway the forums are back online and have been upgraded to phpBB 3.1 release. Still working on getting some bugs worked out and some general cleanup, but it should be ready for some live testing.

I also installed Tapatalk so the forums can be easily accessed from mobile devices.
orcotruck59

Re: Status of Forums

Post by orcotruck59 »

Thank you Brandon and nice work!