Just some help on ECPD please

Area to talk about other police departments including: El Cajon, La Mesa, Chula Vista, National City, Coronado, Carlsbad, Escondido, Oceanside and other departments.
scanner_gal

Just some help on ECPD please

Post by scanner_gal »

OK, I have a PRO-96 and I can't seem to input the talkgroups for ECPD TAC'S , INVESTIGATIONS etc.. On Bank 9 I put the south zone control channel in and I get ECPD's dispatch and car response, plus other agencies.. But I want to enter in like 36288 36304 etc etc.. Just got tired of the dudes on pro-96 yahoo groups hitting on me.. This can't be that hard, or is it?.. I did register Win96 software if you all think that's helpful

thanks
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

Let me get this straight. You can hear ELCPD Dispatcher and some other cities dispatch? But not ELCPD Tacs and Investigations?

When you say you can't input them, what happens exactly?

No, it isn't that hard. Really should be simple. If you have the main dispatch in, then any other things are just as easy. Are you just programming in the problematic talkgroups into an empty memory location just as you did for ELCPD Dispatch?
w6pix

Re: Just some help on ECPD please

Post by w6pix »

.. Just got tired of the dudes on pro-96 yahoo groups hitting on me.. This can't be that hard, or is it?..

BTW, if you want the "dudes" to stop hitting on you, change your user ID to Larry or Bob or something that doesn't contain the word "gal". In the "scanner nerd industry", gals are rare, so they attract a lot of attention...
jkphotog1

Pro-96 Programming

Post by jkphotog1 »

It seems that the scanner is in the open mode. It is searching everything on the RCS south. Try the closed mode and program the talkgroups you wish to hear in that bank. You can toggle between the open and closed mode on the keypad by pressing FUNC 5 on the keypad or by using the software

jkphotog1
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

BTW, ECPD Investigations TG is encrypted, so you won't be able to hear anything anyway.
mike

Post by mike »

I have heard radio traffic in the clear on the investigations talkgroup. :)
scanner_gal

Post by scanner_gal »

thanks for the responses everybody!
BTW, if you want the "dudes" to stop hitting on you, change your user ID to Larry or Bob or something that doesn't contain the word "gal". In the "scanner nerd industry", gals are rare, so they attract a lot of attention...
I admit I was trying to use it to my advantage.. Actually, most of the people just said to buy Win96, which I did, but that's another story :roll:
It seems that the scanner is in the open mode. It is searching everything on the RCS south. Try the closed mode and program the talkgroups you wish to hear in that bank. You can toggle between the open and closed mode on the keypad by pressing FUNC 5 on the keypad or by using the software
I think in my very own un-informed opinon that is where I'm at.. In my open Bank 9 I put in the control channel for RCS South.. So I get, besides, ECPD dispatch, Coronado PD, Animal Control, UCSD ALS, Lifeguards.. etc, etc What I want to do, is delete everything and just put in the TG ID's for El Cajon. Or do I need to go back to school to understand trunking and the such? In bank 9 I want scandiego's list: (and nothing else)

www.scandiego.com/quikref/elcrcs.htm

thanks everybody! (BTW, thanks for access, Mr Admin! )