CHP on RCS

Area to talk about other police departments including: El Cajon, La Mesa, Chula Vista, National City, Coronado, Carlsbad, Escondido, Oceanside and other departments.
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

I see in the RCS Board Meeting Agenda for this week that there is a request by CHP to increase their radio count to from 177 to 197. If they are using that many radios, then why are they not using their TGs everywhere :?:
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

According to the just posted RCS meeting minutes, CHP extended their RCS contract to August 2008, then last month extended it until August 2009. I guess they like the service after all :)

Post by 800 »

SDnative wrote:I see in the RCS Board Meeting Agenda for this week that there is a request by CHP to increase their radio count to from 177 to 197. If they are using that many radios, then why are they not using their TGs everywhere :?:
The 177 radios cover the El Cajon office operations, plus a limited number of radios for Oceanside and San Diego areas, plus some for Border Division staff.
mike

Post by mike »

Im hearing CHP on the Gold VHF Lo freq doing testing and the officer is in snow or something and the dispatch said he is coming in 10-2 so I think its doing pretty good :D
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

According to a note in the LEAN August meeting minutes, the CHP Chief stated that they plan to stay on RCS for the next 2-1/2 to 3 years, and plan on a new radio system within 5 years.
SDnative

Re: CHP on RCS

Post by SDnative »

Has anyone else noticed that El Cajon CHP is patched or simulcasting on their RCS and Gold channels? It has been this way since at least yesterday.
mike

Post by mike »

Yeah im hearing that alot on the Gold today.
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

I think I know. CHP received a grant of 250K for extra patrols and OT on the 67 to see if they can cut down on the DUIs and speeding. They probably had to bring in officers & vehicles from other areas and they don't have the RCS radios.

It was funny today to see my scanner stopped on the GOLD and the Dispatcher say "10-9 please. You went digital!"