CHP on RCS

Area to talk about other police departments including: El Cajon, La Mesa, Chula Vista, National City, Coronado, Carlsbad, Escondido, Oceanside and other departments.
SDnative

CHP on RCS

Post by SDnative »

The RCS meeting minutes are slowly getting current.

Apparently CHP has extended their contract for use on RCS until Sept 2006.
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

CHP is still on RCS. When I have heard traffic on the GOLD, it was not very clear, but may have been car-to-car, and too far away.

Does anyone know how long they will still be on RCS :?:
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

SDnative wrote:CHP is still on RCS. When I have heard traffic on the GOLD, it was not very clear, but may have been car-to-car, and too far away.:?:
Yeah, the make good use of the Gold for chit chat and tac. I was going thru Ramona a few weeks ago and they were on it constantly..
brandon
Site Admin

Post by brandon »

Yeah when your mobile and hear activity on the Gold it's time to let the foot off the gas :lol:
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

brandon wrote:Yeah when your mobile and hear activity on the Gold it's time to let the foot off the gas :lol:
You Bet!

Poor man's "radar" detector
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Testing has been going on the last few days on the Gold (39.6000) and the RCS is being simulcast on the Gold right now. Is this some special enforcement or is CHP planning on moving back?
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

Does anyone know why El Cajon CHP has been simulcasting on GOLD and RCS this weekend? Is it just because of the weather or some other reason?
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

I think they were having problems yesterday, but I'm not sure. I monitor them all the time and the RCS sounds fine.
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

Maybe someone forgot to unpatch. They are still patched this morning, and I agree. They both sound fine :)
mike

Post by mike »

Maybe they were testing how the interop between VHF Lo and the RCS would work im not sure.