796D BANK DISPLAY?

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
dedapr

796D BANK DISPLAY?

Post by dedapr »

My 760D is only a few days old and I already probably have over 200 talk roups progammed and working well.

But unless I don't have the radio set right I'm dissapointed that the bank # isn't shown on the display while scanning, but the list # is shown twice!
(top & bottom in display)

I would like to know the bank # when traffic is heard. Is there a setting I can change to display the bank # ?

If not I suppose I can re-program all the talk group descriptions and put a # (bank #) as the 1st character unless there is a better way?
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

That's how I do it on the 780's I use.
JoeyC

Post by JoeyC »

Creative bank and list naming is essential unless you are expert at memorization. In my scanners that do only trunking I put the bank number in then the system name. Since I am usually listening only to trunked systems I want to see the list tag and ID tag generally. When I hit the (.) in order to turn off/on banks it is convienent to have the bank number programmed as the first character of the bank name.

Similarly on my scanners that are doing conventional only I also put the bank number in the banktag as well, since I can't seem to remember that channel 614 is in bank 7, and not 6.

I am curious however, how do you see the List number twice? unless you don't program list or talkgroup tags??
dedapr

BANK TAGS

Post by dedapr »

Thanks so much again guys for your help.

The top line my display showed the talk group # and the list #, then again on the 4th line the list # was shown.

I programmed all the bank #'s into the talk group description and also added another tag (very general description) as a text tag to each group of 10 ID's (pg 54 in manual) to the ID list which has replaced the 4th line that used to show the ID # a 2nd time.

The end result is I now have all the info I want (including bank#) shown on the display.

Thanks again.