scancat

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
medicblue

scancat

Post by medicblue »

Hello to everyone and thank you for allowing me to join your forum. I'll try to drop in frequently and learn all that I can from you. I'm working hard at getting into photography, and as a part of that I'm trying for a stringer status. I've been into scanners of and on since I was a kid so I'm hoping to make both hobbies work together.

My first question is a two parter. I picked up a pro 2052 dual trunking scanner from ebay. (A kneejerk purchase that I should have passed on I know now.). I could have picked up a pro 97 for the same price but too late now. I also purchased the scancat gold SE to help me program the 2052 and my old pro 93. The instructions for the scancat go over my head I'll admit, but I accidently managed to get some heartland fire stuff programmed in.

My questions are...

Does anyone have any experience with either the pro 2052 or scancat?

I already plan to have a better setup shortly, but have to make due with what I have for now. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.