Programing Bearcat 785D

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.

Post by Guest »

my 796d has been able to partially decode APCO25 signals from the South RCS...and I live in the far North County!

Do any of you know the range of the RCS North and South?

I know some are simulcast. I've heard Probation officers in La Mesa, checking in with dispatch on the North RCS.

Thanks.
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

El Pablo wrote:I am wondering if putting the eastern sub-sites of the RCS in the same bank as the South CC, will allow you to hear traffic in rural areas when out of range of the South CC?
I.E., when traveling East on 8 and my scanner loses the CC of the South system, it would scan and pick up one of the other sub-system CC. Has anyone tried this on the RCS? I read about someone who did this in the Louisiana and said as he traveled, he would move from on CC to another continuing to hear traffic. Any thoughts?
Only if the EZ site you put the control channel in is currently carrying the traffic you want to hear. In order for this to happen, at least one RCS radio must be affiliated to that particular site and dialed to the same talkgroup you want to hear. Otherwise the EZ sites are silent if no one is affiliated to them. This is why they have so few frequencies because they are not simulcast sites like N and S. This, I've been told, will be changing however, or so the rumor goes...