Stay as far away from the Mud Shack as you can

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Nice credit card company. Last dispute they ruled against me even though the charger had violated the law.
Nod

Post by Nod »

Saw this thread and felt compelled to reply. I wandered into the Mud Shack yesterday afternoon looking for a jumper coxial cable to use with an SWR meter to tune a CB antenna. Guy behind the counter (older, white hair and beard - Roger???) Claims he just sold his last one that day. Said it'll be about 4 weeks before he gets more in because they are moving and won't have new stock till after the move. Claimed everything was 25% off so things were going fast.

Kind of odd because there were no sale signs up or anything inidcating they were going to move (new location signs, etc.). I asked where they are moving to and he said Mira Mesa Blvd. That perked up my ears since I work in Mira Mesa and I know the area fairly well. When I asked exactly where he said he wasn't sure of the address, that it was "central" Mira Mesa and that he hadn't actually seen the new place yet???

He went on to say the new place was for both the Mud Shack and Newsweek. When I asked him why Newsweek he said he also works for Newsweek and he'll have booths there for their "stringers" :roll: :lol:

I let that one lie and asked him if he knew where else I could get what I needed and he claimed he was the only one in town that would have it :? (Sure like coxial cable and PL-259 fittings are made out of unobtainium)

Anywho, just thought you all would like to know he's now affiliated with Newsweek :mrgreen: :lol:
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

I think he meant Newsweak.
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

Has anyone checked on his 51-50 status :lol:
HOGCAT

Post by HOGCAT »

Radio Shack for a cheap jumper, HRO for a decent one, and RF parts for the best jumper with LMR wire.
BLS_EMT_192

Post by BLS_EMT_192 »

I cant believe this guy can still be in business. :o :o he probally has been to the padded room in a mental hospital a couple of times. :lol: :lol: :lol: Any ways i always go to (HRO) for anything i need. :D :D :D :D
Nod

Post by Nod »

Thanks for the source suggestions. I had previously checked with RadioShack but the level of help was questionable & didn't even know what I was asking for.

I found a RadioShack cable at a surplus store in El Cajon and overpaid for what it was just because I need it. Only prob is it's 5' and I was hoping to find something shorter. I hope the extra length doesn't affect the readings.

I'm not familiar with HRO but will have to check them out.

Slightly off topic....I need to find a 24 volt to 12 volt convertor so I can use my CB in an ex-military Jeep that has a 24 volt electrical system. Anyone have any source ideas? Thanks.
Mav7200

Post by Mav7200 »

Nod wrote: He went on to say the new place was for both the Mud Shack and Newsweek. When I asked him why Newsweek he said he also works for Newsweek and he'll have booths there for their "stringers" :roll: :lol:
That is typical of the bullshit that rolls out of that guy's mouth. I work in Mira Mesa also, hopefully they do move up here so I can go and taunt him at his new place. I wonder if the city caught up with him and finally got him for not having a business license....

What a tool! He is truly a disgrace to the hobby and humanity in general.
killerbeans

Post by killerbeans »

Roger does have some sons, only one of which will have anything to do with him. None named Roger! he has lied about ALL of his college degrees, and his ham ticket is expired, or not current. He is also a chronic name dropper/place dropper. (I was in so-and-so's bar in DC...)and I've no doubt that he has seen many of the people he purportes to know. I'm glad you got your money back, but the word should be spread regarding his web of lies. and it is a web. A case of a guy desperately trying to stay ahead of his lies, all the while spinning more. Rog has done freelance photog work, but is not retained on contract anywhere, or by any of the bigs news agencies; he has to sell his pics. (some of which are very good)if any of you remember Paul, he's moved on, and has a great career, and family. In fact, most of the people that worked at mudshack over the years have moved on, yet stayed away from 'ol rog. The viscous stuff that flows from his mouth smells like something you would scrape off your shoe....
OUTLAW

Re: Stay as far away from the Mud Shack as you can

Post by OUTLAW »

Mud Shack is no more at least on El Cajon Blvd.