Who is using County Incident CMD 6 & 7

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
SDnative

Who is using County Incident CMD 6 & 7

Post by SDnative »

Does anyone know who has been using RCS County Incident CMD 6 & CMD 7 since at least yesterday? It sounds like maybe some sort of sweep, since they refer to themselves as Team #, but I don't recognize just numbers for unit IDs. They call the dispatcher Control. And I have not heard any familiar unit ID like SDPD or SDSO.
jkphotog1

ICS

Post by jkphotog1 »

It did sound like a mutli-ageny probation sweep for a few days. Then on Tuesday they used the ICS talkgroups for ballot collection for the San Diego County elections.

jkphotog1
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

Yes, on Tuesday a couple of the lower CMD channels were used for ROV ballot collection.

Still this morning I am hearing traffic on CMD 6 & 7, and occasionally I hear a unit ID that I know is Sheriff, and once GS# which I believe is SDPD gang unit. But most of the time they just use a number with no letter, so I can't tell who it is. They run a lot of licenses and addresses and confirm warrants and get warrants, etc. I just can't tell who is in control. They also seem to be all over the county.

Re: Who is using County Incident CMD 6 & 7

Post by 800 »

SDnative wrote:Does anyone know who has been using RCS County Incident CMD 6 & CMD 7 since at least yesterday? It sounds like maybe some sort of sweep, since they refer to themselves as Team #, but I don't recognize just numbers for unit IDs. They call the dispatcher Control. And I have not heard any familiar unit ID like SDPD or SDSO.
From the UT...
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metr ... shals.html

Joint agency operation nets 160 felons

By Angelica Martinez
UNION-TRIBUNE BREAKING NEWS TEAM

1:51 p.m. June 10, 2008

SAN DIEGO – Dozens of fugitives wanted on felony charges were arrested last week in an operation led by the U.S. Marshal's Service, officials said.

Officers from 27 law enforcement agencies participated in Operation Falcon, which targeted the capture of fugitives in San Diego and Imperial counties who were wanted for armed robbery and other violent crimes.

During the five-day operation, authorities captured 160 people and seized nine firearms. Officers also tracked down 276 felony warrants that had been issued, said Omar Castillo, a U.S. Marshal's spokesman. ...
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Only 9 guns? Wow.