Scanner Updates by computer

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
trooper625

Scanner Updates by computer

Post by trooper625 »

I have a BC396T and am going through the update process. Everything was going fine until I came to the VU 2. update. When I start that update it says point to the uniden firmware files on my computer. I went to program files but can not locate firmware files ending in .scn. I did a search of my computer and did locate a uniden firmware file ending in
.scn but when I point to it it opens up a video program I have on my computer??

would appreciate any help I can get here. Thanks!
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

The file that it is looking for is the NEW firmware file that you should have also downloaded. It downloads as a .zip and generally puts it in a temp internet folder. Just keep the windows open when you download the file and unzip it, and you can point right to it regardless of where it is.
trooper625

Post by trooper625 »

I tried that but it does not appear to be anywhere. The selection page is blank and tells me at the bottom to select the .scn file. I have searched my computer and there is no .scn files for Uniden.
Any other suggestions? I appreciate you taking the time to help me. This is very frustrating :(
Are the updates really all that important? The scanner seems to be working just fine.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Go back to the Uniden website. and download the new firmware file. Then save it to your desktop.