Looking for All band Telescoping Antenna

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
IronCross

Looking for All band Telescoping Antenna

Post by IronCross »

Hey guys, Im looking for a All band Tele Antenna with a metal BNC connecter.

Like the Stock one that comes with the 996 but a Metal connecter not the plastic ones (the plastic wears out and wobbles everywhere on the back of my 996). Since this my only scanner I take it with me in the car and I switch antennas from the Tele to a MMO for the truck.

So I was looking at scannermaster.com and I thought I found what I was looking for

http://www.scannermaster.com/Whip_Repla ... 541148.htm

The picture showed it with a Metal BNC, but what I got was basic Uniden Plastic push in crappy antenna that retails for about $13.00

I paid a total of $33 bucks for what was advertised heres their advertised picture Image

Instead this is what I end up with Image

Tomarrow I get to deal with Scannermaster and I got a feeling they are going to put up a fight...

If any of you guys know where I can find one local or a site that you know has one Please let me know.

I apperaciate it!!!
IronCross

Post by IronCross »

Update: I called them and was told that they where out of the metal BNC so thats why I got a plastic bnc one. So I got to call back Monday talk to some guy who does the orders and find out if they are ever going to get Metal BNCs back in stock and go from there...