South Mutual Aid Tac 6

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
mike

South Mutual Aid Tac 6

Post by mike »

Im hearing some people talking about two helicopters that crashed and then I heard a person mention something about a volcanic eruption anyone know whats going on? on SMA Tac 6 they are mentioning a helicopter 61 and a helitack IC and two pilots deseased.Also they are using South Mutual Aid Tac 5 and South Mutual Aid Tac 7.
hodad200

Post by hodad200 »

it's training, they've been doing it since monday.
mike

Post by mike »

Oh ok tks for the info
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

I think it's for when we have the big quake, break off from the rest of the states and float over to Hawaii. That's why their talking about volcanic eruptions. LOL
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Earlier this week when it was a landslide that had taken out the Pala Hot Shot crew (complete with sparse radio contact with a member of the crew) as well as several civilians. There was some confusion over the use of Tac 5, Tac 6, and Tac 7. I chuckled when one of the batallions instructed another to give a wounded person they crossed on a trail instructions on how to self-treat and to send them on their way
mike

Post by mike »

It sounded pretty wild I haven't heard them train like that before but better to be prepared if one was so severe to happen.Also if that were to happen we would be known as San Diego Hawaii.