What happened to SD Sheriff, Lemon Grove dispatch?

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
OneCoolCat

What happened to SD Sheriff, Lemon Grove dispatch?

Post by OneCoolCat »

For some reason I'm not getting anything on talkgroup 34448, which is (or was) the dispatch channel for Lemon Grove and Spring Valley areas.

It was working for me a few days ago but now nothing. I'm still getting plenty of traffic on the other Sheriff talkgroups including the Tac channel for that same area. Did they change something or is it my scanner?

I have Uniden 396T and I've tried reloading my system information and I've also tried re-programming from scratch.
2912N

Post by 2912N »

Are you getting the same units on the Imp beach group? For some reason they will at times only use that tg to cover the Lemon Grove, Bonita and IB units. Sometimes they are simulcast on both tg's and sometimes on just one or the other.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Lemon Grove Dispatch is often patched with Imperial Beach Dispatch. Because scanners (currently) don't deal with patches as well as actual public safety radios, depending on the order in which they patched them, traffic will either come out on the LG Disp or the IB Disp
OneCoolCat

Post by OneCoolCat »

Yep. I'm getting this on the Imperial Beach talkgroup. Thank you!
IronCross

Post by IronCross »

OneCoolCat wrote:Yep. I'm getting this on the Imperial Beach talkgroup. Thank you!
Not too sure that it is patched like how it was said.

I heard the dispatcher say we will be switching to Lemon Grove at midnight.

the Avg is 3-4 days on one then they switch, and a FYI they are on Lemon Grove at this time.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Right now 12:50am
I got SDSO Lemon Grove Dispatch showing a patched on the RCS with SDSO Imperial Beach Dispatch.

On trunker the patch ID is 6249
SDSO Console Radio ID 38004

There are few other patches on RCS Southzone.
PatchID 6945 - SD HARBOR PD Dispatch(45571) PATCHED with SD Harbor Dispatch 2(45587)
PatchID 6526 - CHP El Cajon Disp(37891) PATCHED with CHP El Cajon EAST(38883)

Two other's I don't understand.
PatchID 6235 SDSO Inquiry South with .... Inquiry North (I think)
PatchID 6253 SDSO Court Service South Disp. with ....
2912N

Post by 2912N »

If they patch the freqs they can make do with one dispatcher....Makes sense for the inq channel. One dispatcher takes requests from the whole county. Sort of like soutthern freq carries both se and southbay, expect we put it all on the same freq instead of patching.