Programming Help

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
Bonkerz619

Programming Help

Post by Bonkerz619 »

Okay I finally got the correct cable and i bought a radioreference subsricption. I'm having trouble coping the information from the site to the software i'm using. I downloaded several and tried them all(freescan,Undidens,Proscan) How do i cut and paste into the programs. So far i like the Freescan, but the proscan looks real cool i just can't figure out how to import frequencies.
brandon
Site Admin

Re: Programming Help

Post by brandon »

Here is how to upload from RR using FreeSCAN. This is the easiest to use software for programming Uniden scanners in my opinion.

1. Go to File > Import > RadioReference Trunked...

2. Fill in your login/password, pick country, state and San Diego for the county. Under available systems choose the San Diego County RCS

3. Under Sites, I would add South Zone, North Zone and East Zone (if you want). South Zone is the important one for you since its where Chula Vista hangs out.

4. Under Groups... pick any agency you are interested in monitoring. Chula Vista, National City, Coronado, El Cajon and La Mesa are part of the south zone.

5. Under the Options tab, you can review settings as needed or just leave as defaults.

6. For System Name (at the bottom) just label it San Diego RCS or whatever you want to identify as.

7.Click the import button and it will open a new FreeSCAN file with all of the information you selected in the previous steps. From here you can adjust the display names, set quick keys and remove talkgroups that you might not want.

8. To save the data file in your radio, go to the Scanner menu and choose Upload programming. Put a checkbox next to your systems to upload and hit Load Programming. If it asks for the COM port setting just hit automatically find and it should discover it. (radio must be plugged in at this point)

That should do it. Experiment around and in no time you will be an expert. Good luck!
Bonkerz619

Re: Programming Help

Post by Bonkerz619 »

Wow... that was super easy. Thanks for the help. Anyone have a place to go for Chula Vista frequencies and talk groups let me know!!