New To San Diego

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
AndyK

New To San Diego

Post by AndyK »

Hi All,
Just moved here and living in Kensington area. I'm lost when it comes to where to scan for police, fire and emergency. I would also like to scan Air traffic. I have a pro-97 so I have a lot of channels to fill. Any thoughts? Has anyone used their PC to program a pro-97? I know it can be done. What do I need? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

Andy
n2deep

Re: New To San Diego

Post by n2deep »

You can use Win97 to program your scanner, it's not free but I believe it has a evaluation period so you can try it out. http://www.starrsoft.com/software/win97/default.asp

I attached a win97 file you can load into your scanner. The file has Police and Fire.
PStuart

Post by PStuart »

For police, you'll want to listen to Mid-City on the City Trunk System. I live right down the street from you, lucky for us mid-city is a pretty busy area so there's usually something going on (just keep your ears open for ABLE [sdpd helicopter] above). I still haven't figured out what engines work the area, don't really listen to much fire traffic.
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

You can find detailed maps of SDPD beats and SDFD battalion boundaries and station locations (as of 2007, anyway) here:

http://home.rr.com/furry

There are also detailed google maps of each individual fire station's area on the 'links' page.

Beware, the enlarged maps are 4.5 Megabytes each.
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

Thanks for all of the replies!!!! HEy, does anyone have the pin-out for the data cable for the pro-97? I have one that someone made and gave me, but I don't want to plug it in and short something out!!! Let me know!!

thanks!!!
Andy