Air TAC channel?

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
JoeyC

Re: Air TAC channel?

Post by JoeyC »

OK, I just heard Able base contact Western for Able to go to Air Tac 1. I put the scanner in search mode on the city TRS and another radio scanning the air band. The resulting conversation came up on the city TRS talkgroup 3888 which I don't see documented. So, I guess we found a new talkgroup and answered the question about Air Tac 1. This doesn't however shed any light on what someone earlier heard where Astrea was involved, unless city system 3888 is patched to a still unknown RCS talkgroup.
w6kru

Post by w6kru »

Air TAC 1 just may be 123.45 as dopey as it sounds.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Air Tac 1 is definitely TG 3888 on the City system, like JoeyC said earlier. I heard it identified as such repeatedly the other day during a helicopter flyover during the dedication of the law enforcement officers memorial.

CK
w6kru

Post by w6kru »

Thanks Chris. I put 3888 in my MA group for the city system and I'll see what comes up.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

There are a couple of aircraft frequencies that are used by helicopters in the area.

123.100 is used mostly by law enforcement helicopters for air to air communications.

122.775 is used by TV and other helicopters. I also hear Navy helicopters on there sometimes.