City system bleedover

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
mike

City system bleedover

Post by mike »

Im listening to SDPD western and I heard a medic doing a patient report on western and a few seconds after dispatch said there was bleedover does anyone and lots of static does anyone know whats going on with the city system?
SDnative

Re: City system bleedover

Post by SDnative »

I have noticed that a lot recently. Scanner stops on a PD TG, and it is fire/medic talking. I haven't heard them acknowledge that it was bleedover. I thought maybe my scanner had a brain fart :lol:
mike

Post by mike »

[quote="SDnative"]I have noticed that a lot recently. Scanner stops on a PD TG, and it is fire/medic talking. I haven't heard them acknowledge that it was bleedover. I thought maybe my scanner had a brain fart :lol:[/quote]

Lol I dont monitor the city system much usually just the RCS and thats really the only time I noticed it doing that with the dispatcher acknowledging it it was weird.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

It happened fairly often when had a scanner to listen to. I'll take that over garblegarbage worse-than-cellphone compressed RCS any day.

Post by 800 »

N6ATF wrote:It happened fairly often when had a scanner to listen to. I'll take that over garblegarbage worse-than-cellphone compressed RCS any day.
Ah, come on, John. The digital sound is an acquired taste. :lol:
(And it's coming to the City system...) :roll:

Don
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

I'll be sure to buy extra aspirin for when I listen online.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Just make sure the new RCS/SD digital sound doesn't sound like Orange County Digital sheriff talkgroups sound on scanners :cry: Don't need that 'acquired taste' in San Diego :evil:
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

I don't monitor City too much either, but when I do I get an annoying beep type sound off and on. I've had it happen on both my Pro-96 and 97.

Post by 800 »

Brian wrote:800,
Just make sure the new RCS/SD digital sound doesn't sound like Orange County Digital sheriff talkgroups sound on scanners :cry: Don't need that 'acquired taste' in San Diego :evil:
No, the only talkgroups that are / will be encrypted are the special operations groups.
seargentslaughter

Post by seargentslaughter »

by special operations, you mean stuff like SWAT are/will be encrypted?