Welcome Message

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
w6pix

Welcome Message

Post by w6pix »

Welcome to the ScanDiego Forums. Please feel free to start posting information and questions to get the ball rolling.

Thanks!

Sean
mredcamera

CHP on RCS

Post by mredcamera »

When will the CHP Freq listed on RCS System be in use? The only one in use is a PATCHED Freq in El Cajon. lt would be nice if All were in use so they can be picked up any where in the county. :?:
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

So far, El Cajon office is the only one using the RCS. There are rumors flying about that 1) they are happy and will soon incoroprate all three San Diego offices onto the RCS 2) They are not happy and will go back to LoBand.

I don't know. I've had both prespectives from good authority, so it's just wait and see I guess.

Other than that main talkgroup, they don't use much. They sometimes use the TAC and the Resident TAC, but not much else.
W6FE

Post by W6FE »

Sean,

What good timing you have. I was on the old site a little over a week ago and downloaded some info and tonight I checked again and found your new location. A great place. For many years I have had scanners around but never got very serious as so involved with work at sea and ham radio when home. Just invested in a few more scanners and need all the info I can get to catch up with the times. I live in Chula Vista, so it looks like this is gonna be the place for me to park my hat and just hang out. Thanks a bunch. It's gonna be fun.

John W6FE
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

John,

Very Glad to Have you. Please jump in and post away on the forums. We need a little stimulation to get them moving.. It has been slowly gaining momentum. I hope we (all of the forum users) can develop 'the spot' for scanning info in the SD area.

The old site was only basic information and laid out in a way that it was hard to update. I made it easier now (for me) so that I can keep it up to date. I've already had users point out errors/additions/corrections to the posted info. This way, we can make the most complete site this side if Imperial County! (Hey, wait, maybe Yuma, since Imperial is jumping on RCS, we'll have to cover that!.) I think I'll go create a forum group right now for Imperial, since a LOT needs to be discovered in that regard.

I hope you enjoy the site.

Sean