Scanner shops in San Diego???

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
Reefguy

Scanner shops in San Diego???

Post by Reefguy »

I am wondering if you could tell me some names of scanner stores in San Diego. The only store that I know about is the Ham Radio Outlet in Clairemont. Are there any others in the San Diego area?

Thanks,

Mike
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

There aren't many. Perhaps the MudShack near 6500 El Cajon Blvd, but they're expensive. Anyone know of any more?
Brian

Scanner shops in San Diego

Post by Brian »

Can't forget these two stores ;)

Radio Shack
&
Fry's Electronics (only older scanners)
Lincoln3

Post by Lincoln3 »

Ham Radio Outlet, Radio Shack, a couple of major electronics chains like Fry's are all good suggestions. Mud Shack is a joke. Please quote me.

Lincoln3

Mud Shack

Post by 318 »

I have to agree with L3 on this one... Mud Shack is a joke. I wouldn't swing in there unless you feel like getting B/S'ed by the shop owner for a few hours. :shock:

~318
Batman2150

Roger

Post by Batman2150 »

Yeah, don't talk to Roger at Mud Shack. He's a special government agent you know. If he lets something classified slip he'll have to kill you!
He even has the contract to maintain radios on the Muir Space Station. Once a week he goes up to do his rounds. Ask him to show you the hydrozene rocket he has out back, it's a beauty!