BP1600 NiMH Battery Pack

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
BLS_EMT_192

BP1600 NiMH Battery Pack

Post by BLS_EMT_192 »

Does any one use this type of battery i got it from scannermaster.com and they said it should run 20 hours plus with a 36 hour recharge time but all I've got was 8 hours of use. and i have chrged it up and used 3 times allready with no change with performance. thanks :? :? :?
jkphotog1

Battery Life

Post by jkphotog1 »

It all depends and how much activity your scanner is getting. I use a PowerEx 1600 mAH by Maha in a Uniden 235 for SD Fire dispatch only. I can usually get 20 hours of usage. If you are running a 245 with multipile trunking systems and vhf/uhf, 8 hours may be excellent. Running your scanner in Metro San Diego you will have less battery life then if you are monitoring all the police and fire traffic in Salome, Arizona.

jkphotog1
BLS_EMT_192

Post by BLS_EMT_192 »

Thanks i never thought about that i was thinking maybe i was not charging it right or and a deficted battery.
El Pablo

Post by El Pablo »

I have it and one thing I read before I bought it is it takes longer to charge than the stock batteries. If your charger is built for say a 800mha battery and you charge it for the same amount of time as your stock battery, you are only getting 1/2 the charge. I do charge mine about double and get almost double the life out of it than I did the stock battery (in the stock charger). I am not 100% sure of this theroy so maybe someone else can weigh in.