city police car-to-car

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
etotman

city police car-to-car

Post by etotman »

Anyone have the freqs for city police car-to-car? Heard units switch then lost the conversation.
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

What city are you inquiring about?

SDPD has no "car-to-car" talkgroups labled as such. They do have a small assortment of conventional (non-trunked) frequencies in their radios, however, they never use them.

Most car-to-car type activity is done on TAC of DISPATCH 2 (d2's)

Other cities around the area do have talkgroups labled as CARS
Brian

Post by Brian »

Here are some other 'CARS' freqs. & 'ITac'

Near the bottom of the page.
http://scandiego.com/rcs/sdcountyfreqs.html

*Note* Correct freq for "CAR 1 868.7750"
etotman

Post by etotman »

w6pix wrote:What city are you inquiring about?

SDPD has no "car-to-car" talkgroups labled as such. They do have a small assortment of conventional (non-trunked) frequencies in their radios, however, they never use them.

Most car-to-car type activity is done on TAC of DISPATCH 2 (d2's)

Other cities around the area do have talkgroups labled as CARS
I was listening to the city RCS, vice squad, id 4208, I think. I was looking for a conventional freq since they were jumping off the RCS due to reception problems.
etotman

Post by etotman »

Brian wrote:Here are some other 'CARS' freqs. & 'ITac'

Near the bottom of the page.
http://scandiego.com/rcs/sdcountyfreqs.html

*Note* Correct freq for "CAR 1 868.7750"
I tried those a few minutes after the switch - no joy. Those are labeled SDSO - Sheriff? I wasn't listening to sheriff traffic, which would explain why it didn't work. Also, the cars were close enough that I should have picked up the simplex tx with my discone.
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

I was listening to the city RCS, vice squad, id 4208, I think. I was looking for a conventional freq since they were jumping off the RCS due to reception problems.
[/quote]

They very may well have. Users that pay attention during radio training or those inclined to look whats in their radio may make use.

PD radios have the following conventional frequencies in them:

ICALL
the ITACS
INTL SVC
two conventional repeaters that are fill in where the trunk doesn't work (PTLOMA and PALOMAR)
CLEMARS800
SDMARS

Plus, VICE, being the wireless type of guys they are (body mics) may have some other comms that they have improvised.

Another thing I noticed, You kept refering to City Vice, but mentioning them in the RCS. They are not. They're on the city of San Diego system.