East zone from North zone

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
HOGCAT

East zone from North zone

Post by HOGCAT »

I have been trying to listen to Imperial County Sheriff and Brawly PD talk groups on the north system. I have not heard anything yet. Is this type of listening possible on the North Zone??? The talk groups I have been trying for are 39840, 39856, 39872, 42512, etc........
THANKS
brandon
Site Admin

Post by brandon »

They are not simulcast on the North Zone but you can pick up the Imperial County Sheriff on the RCS East Zone; talkgroup 39472.
HOGCAT

Post by HOGCAT »

Thanks for the info Brandon. I can get Vulcan Mt very weak here. I am going to get or make a Yagi beam antenna here in the next few days. I have some good coax, I think its the LMR400 or something like that.
I go out to the desert once or twice a month, and usually end up around Ocotillo or east to the Blue inn area and would like to hear what the ole Sheriff's are up to. Sometimes out to Glamis to watch the idiots trying to kill themselves!!!
HOGCAT

Post by HOGCAT »

And one more question. Where is the site for the "North" system transmissions located?? Is there more than one?? I see the map of locations here, but it does not say what zone they are for. Thanks again!!!
Brian

Post by Brian »

This is something I made up fast! So it might not be 100 Correct.
But it looks good from the FCC.

(NorthZone)

RED MOUNTAIN 2KM W
RAINBOW, CA SAN DIEGO County

BLACK MTN 6KM W
POWAY, CA SAN DIEGO County

SAN MARCOS MTN 2KM E
VISTA, CA SAN DIEGO County

4.5 MILES WSW OF (Mt Woodson)
ROMONA, CA SAN DIEGO County

LAKE SAN MARCOS PK .4KM
SAND MARCOS, CA SAN DIEGO County

SOLEDAD MTN .5KM N LA JOLLA
SAN DIEGO, CA SAN DIEGO County

ENCINA POWER 4600 CARLSBAD **note Might be moving to a hotel**
CARLSBAD, CA SAN DIEGO County

650 BENET HILL RD (PRINCE OF PEACE #40767-SWC)
OCEANSIDE, CA SAN DIEGO County

EAST SIMULCAST

Post by 31 »

use 868.925 for east simulcast Cuymacha is 6250 ft