Looking for local stringer freqs.

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

Oh, they went to it because Yellow wasn't getting good coverage at the fire scene, mainly.

Most traffic stayed on Yellow. Just some local comms on the Green repeater, which apparently covers the escondido area better.

It's much weaker to me here in PB than the Yellow channel is.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Ok, cool.
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

Other interesting note, discovered by listening to YELLOW, they pointed out at the start that the fire was being shown 'live' from News 8's helo on a local webcam page, which apparently has arrainged to carry the video from that bird regularly, often when it's not 'on air' live, just carrying whatever it's sending at the time while up.

Go to http://www.camzone.com/ and pick the 'Above San Diego' cam to see if it's up.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Oh yeah, I hadn't looked at that for quite some time.
jay611j

Post by jay611j »

I haven't heard the guys on yellow in a while, did they go somewhere else?
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Yes.
jay611j

Post by jay611j »

Ahhh, well that explains it! Thanks
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

N6ATF wrote:I'd tell you... but then I'd have to, ya know... and then Control would have to beam a death ray at me from MAFIASAT-1.
If 'Control' is who I've been told it is, well, you could suggest that not death ray'ing you would help keep you from mentioning that he doesn't show up in the FCC GMRS license base... :twisted:

Not that that means he isn't licensed, of course. Might be some twisted family relationship going on. But there ain't no 'Jamison' in the license base.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Doesn't matter anymore. They've clearly been moving from GMRS to 900 MHz and up so they can use digital encrpytion to keep whackers (or wankers if you prefer) from going to newsworthy scenes they mention. So for the rest of us who aren't willing to put radio stuff in our cars to be stolen, we have to sit in silence at home.

By the way, the previous, grandfathered GMRS licensee of the Yellow pair was KAE0912 (C & H ELECTRIC INC). The license was cancelled 07/29/2001. Not sure if that meant that they had exclusive use of it up until then, or just primary user/shared use with CTCSS.
jay611j

Post by jay611j »

Yea I hear ya about it being quiet, I heard 120 and someone else on tonight, but I don't blame them for moving. There used to be this idiot that would key up all the time and hassel all of em, but now he just keys up all the time. Oh well I guess its back to listening to all the local freqs, it was kinda nice getting all the info in one place... :roll: