Updated Master list?

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
scanner_gal

Updated Master list?

Post by scanner_gal »

Ever since I upgraded my Excel fron XP to 2003, the HEX column on the TG master List has a #NAME? error.. not a big deal, since the TG Number is still id'ed.. is this a prob on my end or?

thanks
El Pablo

Post by El Pablo »

Okay, so this sounds like a cell formating problem. I am not sure what your spreadsheet looks like, but highlight the hex column and right-click and then click on Format Cells. Try Number, General, or Text and see if one of these brings it back to the way you had before you upgraded. One of these should work. You also might want to check your decimal spaces (for Number). No matter what, it should still treat the number the same way. Good luck.
Brian

Post by Brian »

strange I get the same too on Excel 2003.

From Microsoft Excel Help:

Correct a #NAME? error

Occurs when Microsoft Excel doesn't recognize text in a formula.

Click the cell that displays the error, click the button that appears , and then click Trace Error if it appears.

TOOL>Formula Auditing>Trace Error

Review the possible causes and solutions.

on Talkgroup 816
in the HEX Box it shows " #NAME? " then click on it then it shows " =DEC2HEX(A8,4) "

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel ... 91033.aspx
w6pix

Re: Updated Master list?

Post by w6pix »

scanner_gal wrote:Ever since I upgraded my Excel fron XP to 2003, the HEX column on the TG master List has a #NAME? error.. not a big deal, since the TG Number is still id'ed.. is this a prob on my end or?

thanks
Your excel doesn't have the HEX formulas installed.

go to the install program for office. Click Custom install. Dig thru the options and add all of the addons that you can. I think you can do it from within excel as well. Tools/Addons and add Solver Add On and Analysis Tool Pak (one of those I think)

You can also do it by doing custom install and select EVERYTHING by clicking on all of the items and tell it to install them.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Cool
Easy Fix :-)
It's working now by adding those two add-ins.

TKS
PStuart

Post by PStuart »

Another option, try openoffice.org . Its a free open source alternative to Microsoft office suite and has the same functionality and opens those office documents. Just FYI
scanner_gal

Post by scanner_gal »

thank you Mr. Wolfe! Your fix solved all
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

scanner_gal wrote:thank you Mr. Wolfe! Your fix solved all

Glad to hear it!