Help with my BCD996T

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
Eric Beheim

Help with my BCD996T

Post by Eric Beheim »

:?:

Like many new BCD996T owners, I’ve become more than a little frustrated trying to figure out how to use it with only the instruction manual as a guide. (Ideally, at some point, someone will come out with a third-party BCD996T FOR DUMMIES book.) In the meantime, can anyone tell me if there is a Uniden dealer in the San Diego area who is willing to work with me to (a) insure my scanner and laptop are talking to each other correctly and (b) show me how to program in the East San Diego county police, fire, and rescue frequencies that I want to listen to? I'd be willing to pay for such a service if it is available.

Eric in Descanso, CA.
PStuart

Post by PStuart »

Mudshack in El Cajon will program you up for about $50. I personally recommend working through it yourself with assistance from the forums. You really just have to get the hang of it
Steele

Post by Steele »

Hi Eric, just PM Bud (Control) he is a Member and Moderator
On these Forums, and he can help you for a lot less.
He will get you going, and show you the basics.

Steele 8)
HOGCAT

Post by HOGCAT »

this is for the 396, but helps on the 996 also.
http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners ... o%20system
dangitdoug

If you need the help

Post by dangitdoug »

I do not own a 996, but I am fairly familiar with programming most scanners. I am in El Cajon. If you like I would be willing to drive up and look at your setup in person and try to help.

Let me know.

Doug K :!: :!: