CHP Pursuit Ends in Imperial Beach

Posting and discussion of breaking news in San Diego. Visitors to this forum are welcome to post photos, videos and other items of interest regarding breaking news incidents in the area.
IronCross

CHP Pursuit Ends in Imperial Beach

Post by IronCross »

While listening to the Stringers on my 2 way, I hear: CHP Pursuit....

So I tuned in on my scanner and bam.

http://www.youshare.com/view.php?file=0 ... uthZon.mp3

Stringers: "That was a dam good chase"
wxsby

Post by wxsby »

Outstanding!!!
IronCross

Post by IronCross »

Update:

IMPERIAL BEACH, Calif. -- A parolee is taken into custody following a high-speed pursuit through San Diego that ended in a crash, according to officials.

The incident started around 3:30 p.m. in Spring Valley.

According to CHP spokesman Officer Brian Pennings, an officer tried to pull the driver of the silver Honda Accord over for an alleged seatbelt violation. The car failed to yield and began leading officers on a slow-speed pursuit, Pennings said.

Eventually, the driver took off, Pennings said, leading the CHP on a chase, topping speeds between 100 and 120 mph west on state Route 54.

At times, officials said the driver was using the center divide and was driving across all lanes of the 54. He then transitioned onto southbound Interstate 5 before exiting the freeway and heading west on Palm Avenue in Imperial Beach and continued to the west and north until an officer used a CHP cruiser to nudge the silver Honda and make it skid to a stop.

The maneuver caused the car to spin out and overturn at Cypress Avenue and 12th Street. The man then got out of the upside-down sedan and tried to run off, but was stopped by an officer's taser.

According to the CHP, the car overturned near the intersection of Palm and 12th Street. The driver ran from the wreckage, but officers were able to stop him about 50 yards from the crash site, Pennings said.

The man, identified as Jesse Valdez, 25, resisted arrest and officers used a Taser gun on him. He was transported to a hospital due to minor injuries received from the crash.

Valdez, a parolee from Chula Vista, faces charges of felony evading and felony reckless driving, according to Pennings.

No other drivers were injured in the pursuit.

N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Dang. Rollover and still needed to ride the lightning. Maybe he buckled his seatbelt.