Share what you hear

Posting and discussion of breaking news in San Diego. Visitors to this forum are welcome to post photos, videos and other items of interest regarding breaking news incidents in the area.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Cool, thanks.
thefish

Post by thefish »

IPN911 wrote:Actually, it's quite easy to sign up as an IPN dispatcher, and it doesn't cost a thing. Just click the "Become A Dispatcher" link under the General Info menu on our home page.
So I guess that idea we tossed around on ICQ a decade or so ago worked out, eh?

JF
brandon
Site Admin

Post by brandon »

Hey I remember getting alerts on ICQ from Bud J. and the SoCal911 days.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

I'm guessing control is 000 considering his affinity for earthquakes and that he said today that he tried to page people via address book.

Unless he's got multiple IPN IDs...

Oh and I wonder who MAS163 is (MAS short for Massachusetts?). Always seems to page out incidents that could be seen on the CHP or CDF CAD, but never seems to have a freq/talkgroup listed.
Brian

Post by Brian »

few weeks ago on Bayscan group they talked about the same thing about MAS163
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bayscan/message/51537

N6ATF wrote: Oh and I wonder who MAS163 is (MAS short for Massachusetts?). Always seems to page out incidents that could be seen on the CHP or CDF CAD, but never seems to have a freq/talkgroup listed.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Good to see it's being questioned elsewhere. IPN policy's being violated if it's purely CAD info.

"It is the policy of IPN to send out original information obtained first-hand by the dispatcher sending the notification via a scanner or police/fire radio. What this means is you are only permitted to send an incident if you heard it with your own ears."

With the time delay inherent in almost all online scanner feeds (Teamspeak excluded) and the additional time delay in getting a page out, I would argue it's not appropriate to be dispatching based off those either.

[deleted]
Last edited by N6ATF on Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

N6ATF wrote:Oh and I wonder who MAS163 is (MAS short for Massachusetts?). Always seems to page out incidents that could be seen on the CHP or CDF CAD, but never seems to have a freq/talkgroup listed.
Oh yeah, he's absolutely dispatching off the CHP CAD only. He re-dispatched an off-road accident that had already been dispatched with not only bad information (blocked lanes 3 miles off a dirt road?) but wrong information (patients being transported via "air rescue"). I don't mind getting the traffic information if I'm out and about and don't hear a dispatch. I only hope he's not getting full "credit" for said pages or anything like that.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Damnit.

Here's an e-mail I got from an IPN support guy
Actually there is no problem with the online scanner feeds, a lot
of folks do that. We do not dispatch off CAD, but if you can
monitor feeds and hear it just like a regular scanner, it can be
sent. MAS163 listens all over the country, as does a few others.

Thank you,

Mark Andrews
IPN Support Services Team
[email protected]
http://www.incidentpage.net
If you haven't already, maybe you want to e-mail support and tell them that? Also, the administrator of IPN is on this forum as 'IPN911' so you could send a PM to him, and hopefully he in turn would tell his support staff what the deal is/block him from future bullshit SAN pages.
Last edited by N6ATF on Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Good idea, I'll have to do that. Most of the time it's filling in gaps from people in the area who can't/aren't listening at the time. Was MAS163 listening to a feed when this was paged, or paging strictly from the CAD, I can't say for 100% certainty, but this post made me go back and look up the incidents. As originally paged -

04-19-2007 20:08 | San Diego County (Jamul)| Major Accident| MVU Cmd 1/Tac 1| 3 mi off Proctor Valley Rd|On an access road off the dirt portion. Rollover SUV with 4 patients. Req 2 ALS & 2 BLS. Access prob| SAN096

Then almost 90 mins later -

04-19-2007 21:29 | Chula Vista| Major Accident| -Delayed-| Proctor Valley JEO Northwoods|CHP/CDF o/s solo vehicle T/C w/4 injuries, 1 serious, Air Rescue txpt to hospital, lanes blocked.| MAS163

On a side note, the "IPN Support Staff" is just looking out for the good of the service in general. The few contacts I've had from them over pages I've sent have been constructive and were, in most cases, good calls on their part.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

[deleted]
Last edited by N6ATF on Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.