Share what you hear

Posting and discussion of breaking news in San Diego. Visitors to this forum are welcome to post photos, videos and other items of interest regarding breaking news incidents in the area.
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

I think the point is, you're not SUPPOSED to page out 'what it will become', you're supposed to page it only when it IS situation X.

That's what 'wait for the on scene fireman/officer' is all about.

'Possible victims trapped' is not pagable as 'trapped victims'.
Brian

Post by Brian »

This is one of the reason I wont dispatch for IPN/SBN/IBN etc. Dealing with people(IPN Support Staff) and all the B#$ching that goes with it..

Collecting points from radio station(95.7,94.1,KOGO600) is much better ;-)
and getting free stuff like Valley view Buffets etc....
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

[deleted]
Last edited by N6ATF on Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fotoguy

Post by fotoguy »

On this note. I dont care if it might be an extraction. Every ax you cant open the door on requires extraction just how much.

I ust IPN a a source of infomation and when I get a page that is inacurate, or jumping the gun it makes me very frustrated. Now I wont say who COUGH SAN028... COUGH....... but I lisiten to at least 3-5 radio's and scanners at a time (all the time) and dont always come to the same idea.

For example you dont always see 1st alm calls for burnt food just because there was smoke in the building. And you dont get alot of pursuit call just because it was a short failure to yeild. Most IPN dispatchers verify the OS information is accurate and not just a size up of the scene.

IPN's idea of an MVA

"This category covers any motor vehicle collision that involves serious injuries, fatalities, entrapment, or that has been declared a mass-casualty (MCI) incident by the incident commander. Accidents that do not meet this criteria, including minor or non-injury accidents or accidents where you are unsure of the nature of injuries should be dispatched under the “Traffic Advisory” category. "

Sorry
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

SAN| Santee| Major Accident| Htl C2/T3| S/B SR-67 JSO Woodside|2-vehicle TC, Mercy Air on standby. M/A:Lakeside| SAN028| 16:17
------
The 'error' is paging it as a major accident. It's a Traffic Advisory, until they STATE there IS a major injury or a person definitely trapped.

'Possible' and 'standby' do not qualify. When they actually request Mercy to launch, then I'd call it 'major accident'. When they state critical injury/11-80, then it's a major accident. 'possible major injury' doesn't make it.

You can page out 'Traffic Advisory' with 'possible trapped victim' and 'Mercy Air on Standby' accurately given in text, as long as it's obstructing a lane. It's just not a 'Major Accident'.

At least, that's the way I read the dispatcher's manual.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Off-topic CLOSED.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Another person is doing the same thing from the CHP CAD like today!

From the SoCalScan group:

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected] - [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 12:26 PM

Subject: [SoCalScan] IPN LAX351 is a moron

> <rant on>
> Hey dumbass! Do you have a map? I know you have a computer, since you're dispatching IPN incidents. So why don't you know that Ludlow and Barstow are NOWHERE NEAR FRESNO? I can see that you're dispatching off of the CHP CAD, since you don't have a frequency listed. DISPATCHING OFF OF CAD IS VERBOTEN ON IPN! At least you can fake it by knowing the CHP and CDF freqs or the SBSO and SBCoFD talkgroups for the area. You're supposed to be listening on the scanner, not CAD.
>
> <rant off>
> Smokey
> IPN CAL023, Ex IPN CAL Chapter Admin, Exx IPN LAX187

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/socalscan/message/57916
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SoCalFire/message/24396

CAL| Fresno County (Barstow)| Mass Casualty| | Eb I40 Mm 54|20+ Injured In Bus Mva. 1 Doa. 10+ Ambu;s O/s. 4 Airships E/r.| LAX351| 11:48

CAL| Fresno| Major Accident| | Eb I40 Mm 54|U/D::27 total patients, 6 airships, 10 ambus, M/A from Marine Corps| LAX351| 12:00

CAL| San Bernardino County (Ludlow)| Mass Casualty| 154.295| I40 IAO Ludlow|Correction on the county for LAX351| CAL023| 12:14

CAL| San Bernardino County (Ludlow)| Major Accident| Proper Category| EB 40Fwy @ Mile Marker 54|CHP o/s TC involving a bus, 27 injured, 1 DOA, 10+ EMS units & 6 Airships o/s, Coroner enrt. [LAX351]| MAS163| 12:30
Actually there is no problem with the online scanner feeds, a lot
of folks do that. We do not dispatch off CAD, but if you can
monitor feeds and hear it just like a regular scanner, it can be
sent. MAS163 listens all over the country, as does a few others.
Thank you,
Mark Andrews
IPN Support Services Team
[email protected]
http://www.incidentpage.net
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Again, it's unfortunate that the IPN people think that MAS163 actually listens all over the country when he's obviously paging off the CHP CAD system. He's not the only one though - there's at least an ILL person and a NZL person doing it as well. There's also a few who page off LAFD's "official" Google alert system - the funny thing was seeing them put the "Thomas Guide" page, labeled as TG in the LAFD setup, in the frequency box :D

I actually don't have a problem with receiving pages originated from the various CAD systems, I just don't think the person sending them out should receive the same credit as those who are actually listening and putting out the incidents as they happen.[/i]
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Haha, Thomas Guide getting confused with Talk Group.
smokeybehr

Post by smokeybehr »

After I heard that my post had wound up here, I thought that I'd join up in case someone wanted to talk trash about me.

I know that many of you know who I am. If you don't, I can answer your questions, or you can Google me up.

I've sent messages to IPN Support about ILL113, MAS163 and NZLxxx dispatching off of CAD, but I've gotten no joy from them. I know they're dispatching off of CAD, because they don't put a frequency into the box, or the information is just plain wrong, like today's pages.

I admit that I use CAD, but as a secondary source, along with actual listening. From my house, I can hear quite a few counties, from Kern to San Joaquin, and a few of the coast counties if they're on the right site. I don't need to fake up pages or post BS.

I was listening to Fresno County District 1 all day, and it was quiet, so when I read the first message, I did a WTF, especially when I saw the postings come up on SoCalScan and SoCalFire. Then when the SECOND wrong dispatch came up, I had to send him a message via the system.

I'm expecting to get something from IPN about it, but as far as I'm concerned, if they don't want my pages, they can f*** off.