Stringers: LA - TV series

Forum for miscellaneous and non scanning related discussions. You can post about anything here, just keep it family friendly. Off-topic posts may also get moved to this forum.
brandon
Site Admin

Stringers: LA - TV series

Post by brandon »

New series called "Stringers: LA" airing on TruTV (formerly CourtTV) that may be of interest to some here.

Stringers: LA, a new reality series, takes you inside the intense & unrelenting world of freelance video journalists. Stalking the streets of Los Angeles, these adrenaline junkies target the city's hot spots hoping to stake out the news as it happens. Driving high-tech cars decked out with cutting-edge police, fire and EMS scanners, their mission is to capture the most stunning, visually dramatic footage of shootings, car crashes, hostage situations, explosions and fires. Armed only with a camera and a hunch, stringers go to work when the sun goes down and will stop at nothing to capture the story... before anyone else.

http://www.trutv.com/shows/stringers/
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

I heard about this god knows how long ago. Thanks for the announcement.

I especially like the one where the pursuit ends... at the rear bumper of one of the stringers' vehicles. How often does THAT happen?
mike

Post by mike »

Sounds interesting :)

Post by 318 »

How often does THAT happen?

I guess pretty often since it actually sort-of happened to me once.

Sean (w6pix) and I were at the end of a pursuit/OIS on the 163. I parked my Expedition in a gore-point and was shooting video, when a drunk Asian woman backed into my door. There was a HUGE dent! She tried to drive off (with cops there and everything) but we (several of us) were able to get her to stop. An SDPD officer gave her a hard time, but I dont think the officer was able to tell that she was drunk. (or at-least 'tipsy') Loooooong story short: Sean and I followed her back to her house in RB where she gave me $3000 cash to fix my truck, as-long as I didnt tell her husband. I guess he was some well-known MMA fighter and was out of town at a kick-boxing convention. He may have used her as practice if he knew...

True story...
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Wow...

How much did it cost to remove the dent? Maybe the leftover was essentially the fines she would have paid for VC 23152 and 20002.

Though you were parked in the aptly-named gore-point, this guy was parked normally alongside a curb. The next level down would be out of the way in a large, mostly empty parking lot, and still getting hit. Maybe BGs just hate Expeditions (I think that was the LA Stringers' ride too).

Post by 318 »

I think the guy in LA has a Tahoe, but close enough. I suppose that big SUVs are easy targets to hit.

The repair was about $1000. I rented a car for about $500, and then kept $300 for my trouble. I actually returned about $1200 of the cash to her and gave her a copy of the repair/car rental recipts. I figured if your going to get in an accident, her paying me cash was better then going through any insurance comapny, and she did the right thing. I could have been a jerk and kept the money...
IronCross

Re: Stringers: LA - TV series 12/14/08 NEW

Post by IronCross »

NEW Episode tonight 12/14/08 @ 22:30 (10:30pm)

A drunken driver leads the police into the Pacific Ocean; an apartment shared by two stringers catches fire; and a stringer films a deadly railway accident.

Then next week A NEW full hour 12/21/08 @ 22:00 (10:00pm)

10:00pm - 10:30pm:

A hurricane in Louisiana; a high-speed chase; and a tense police standoff.

10:30pm - 11:00pm

An uproar at a protest is filmed; two stringers are caught trespassing at a crime scene; and a stringer chases down a drunken driver.
N6ATF

Re: Stringers: LA - TV series

Post by N6ATF »

Thanks.
Brian

Re: Stringers: LA - TV series

Post by Brian »

Here is a better link to save. It will show when a episode is going be on.

Stringers: LA
http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings ... 0663550004