Black and White marked SUV. Not Police!!!!!!

Forum for miscellaneous and non scanning related discussions. You can post about anything here, just keep it family friendly. Off-topic posts may also get moved to this forum.
Preacher

Black and White marked SUV. Not Police!!!!!!

Post by Preacher »

Hey gang I just saw a Black and White SUV with Red lettering with a lightbar. Did not catch the first name if it but, it said after Citizen Patrol. Who are these guys and how in the world did they get away with having a marked Black and White unit and they are not the police. Any can give me some info on who and where are they based out of. Last scene on ECB West from the 805 and turned Southbound on Texas. Once again who are these guys.
mike

Post by mike »

I think what you are talking about might be senior volunteer patrol.
Preacher

Post by Preacher »

No it is not that I read the Voulenteer on it also but, it was no PD unit or nothing in such manor it did not even have a emblem or anything just lettering and these guys were not even in a uniform. just in regular shirts weird but, yeah anyways I promise it was not a PD or SO unit or anything in such.
hodad200

Post by hodad200 »

stonewall citizens patrol.
Preacher

Post by Preacher »

Thats it now who are they and what are they.
n2deep

Post by n2deep »

San Diego Union Tribune story on them from last December. It gives an idea of who they are.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metr ... stone.html

Here is There website.. http://www.orgsites.com/ca/stonewallcitizens/
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

AFAIK, as long as the lightbar does not contain blue or red, it's legal. Having a black and white vehicle is not a crime.
mike

Post by mike »

I haven't really seen a lightbar on the black and white SUV.
Preacher

Post by Preacher »

I have never seen it before so when I saw it of coarse I followed it until I got a good look and saw the lightbar no antennas or cage just a Black and White SUV. The lightbar was one from Uniform Warehouse clear LED so I couldn't tell what colors it has but, as far as i remember that someone told me that it is illegal to have a marked patrol unit that is not so signify being a Peace Officer. Then again I see some security companys push the limits by having the gun rack and other options that are not used by any other people besides Peace Officers.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25279.htm

Gun racks can be used by people other than peace officers. Haven't seen anything prohibiting long guns locked in private security vehicles by means of gun racks. Citizens with unloaded long guns locked in the passenger compartment are legal just about everywhere, if I remember the scholarly opinions at CalGuns forum correctly.

BSIS advisory on tasers is that they are not specifically prohibited, and therefore allowed. May be the same case with long guns, as they are not on the person constantly like permitted exposed handgun.