Crashing

Forum for miscellaneous and non scanning related discussions. You can post about anything here, just keep it family friendly. Off-topic posts may also get moved to this forum.
mike

Crashing

Post by mike »

anyone know what the agencies would do if the rcs system crashed?its good to be prepared in case something happens one day that in the future that ruins the counties comm.
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

That's a million dollar question.

The "fail soft" frequencies will be quickly overloaded.

Just pray that they get it back fast..

A major failure, e.g. multiple sites destroyed then we're in deep doo doo since most of the old conventional stuff is or may be removed, esp from vehicles.

It's one of those things they bury their head in the sand and pray it doesn't happen until they retire
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

This is what the dispatchers would look like if that type of disaster were to happen. LOL

BLS_EMT_192

RCS faluire

Post by BLS_EMT_192 »

I was down at North Comm the other week and i asked that same question to the Dispatch Supervisor and he told me that they would switch to the conv. Freq's which i dont see how that would work I woulsd think the system would get overloaded pretty quick espically if there a couple of major incidents going on. also has any one been there it actually is a pretty cool setup.