IMPERIAL COUNTY TALK GROUPS original list out of date

Come here to talk about the San Diego and Imperial County Regional Communications System. This is a great resource to share talkgroups and information about the countywide RCS.
scott47

Re: LISTEN TO ME

Post by scott47 »

31 wrote:LISTEN TO ME: BP is NOT!!! 800 or 900 they are DIGITAL AND ENCRIPTED in the 160-170mhz band.

I agree with you 31. I think the confusion came about because many BP agents thought their digital radios were higher up in the spectrum due to seeing lots of other cities here in the county and even the county itself swiching over. The simularities of the radios and being told to many agents, "we are now going digital", obviously led many to erroneous conclusions. That includes a couple of supervisors and other agents who have talked/bragged to my wife about it now, and even in the past.

Considering the purposeful blanking of the screens on all channels and the removal of the majority of ID numbers/letters tags and stickers from the radios was a surprise to my wife's BP agent friend the other day when I pointed it out to her. She frowned and said, "They (HS) sure must be paranoid or think we'll lose them somehow. "I wanted to say "DUH" but didn't. She then said she would "look into the matter" and "I'll find out one way or another how these actually 'work'."

That may be a cold day in hell since I'll bet only the El Centro sector chief and a select few others are privy to the info. Then again, maybe not??

Rumors and untruths (tho not on purpose) bug me to hell when told to my wife and she then passes them on to me. After reading the posts here about the BP radios, she tended to agree yet "glared" at me and asked why was the BP inspection station north of Brawley coming in so much more clearly? All I could say was that the digital format made it possible and/or maybe a repeater or an antenna(e) had been added to their communications setup?

Scott

P.S. Never get into an arguement with a cop....especially if the cop is your wife! ;)
scott47

Re: XTS 3100

Post by scott47 »

318 wrote:Scott47,

Excuse my ignorance, but I happen to know a little something about Motorola radios, and I can't say I have ever heard of, or seen an XTS3100. I own XTS3000's and 5000's. I know there are some XTS1500, XTS2500, and 3500's out there, but I have never seen a XTS3100. Are you sure it's not a XTS3500?

XTS3500's were marketed primarily to the government.

~318
No mistake whatsoever. XTS 3100 is what they are using here. I had one in my own hands and eyeballed it personally.

A couple of weeks ago, we had a new mall "offically" open up with great fanfare and in one of the pictures in the IV Press was of a border patrol agent with his XTS 3100 in plain veiw (they were "assisting" in security that day). It is about one inch shorter than the 5000's and the agents use a clip on the HT to attach to their belt.

Scott
JoeyC

Post by JoeyC »

According to Motorolas website, there is no such thing as an XTS3100 (unless this is a BRAND new product).
pocho

Post by pocho »

scott47

IV Press pic

Post by scott47 »

Great job pocho! Yes, this is the photo I mentioned about.

Scott
scott47

Re: JoeyC's post...

Post by scott47 »

JoeyC wrote:According to Motorolas website, there is no such thing as an XTS3100 (unless this is a BRAND new product).

It's not a brand new product.

As I posted earlier, I too could not find any info about this HT. Not surprised that Motorola would not show it on its site since Homeland Security is involved. For that matter... I'm willing to bet that other models that Motorola possibly makes for the Secret Service, FBI, NSC, CIA, etcetera, are also not shown and probably never will.

The HT you see on the BP agent in pocho's post is/looks exactly like what I closely examined from my wife's female BP agent friend. It is obviously not an XTS 3500 either since it is shorter and does not have the six rows of "keys" that both the 5000's and 3500's do. Look and compare those models on Motorola's website with the one shown in pocho's pic.

For now, I don't know what else to say unless someone tells me I need to see an eye doctor. ;)

Scott