IMPERIAL COUNTY TALK GROUPS original list out of date

Come here to talk about the San Diego and Imperial County Regional Communications System. This is a great resource to share talkgroups and information about the countywide RCS.
scott47

Re: Re: Reply to nobody33

Post by scott47 »

nobody33,

I laughed out loud about the ambulance transfers! We get so many pregnant women desparate to have their child born "here", it's unbelievable. Either by ambulance/car/resucue truck/on foot and collasping on the floor at the POE, etc, it is amazing. There are also many transfers too when it deals with American citizens or foreigners with the correct paperwork/cards injured in Mexico and wanting to be treated/transferred over here. Gold Cross and the CLX FD deal with this 24/7.

For the fifteen years I have lived here, there has never been a request from Mexicali for fire mutual aid from our county. They are what... almost 1 million people with lots more FD stations compared to us with around 136,000 + people and a whole lot less FD's? As 31 basically stated in his post, at least for our area and with prior approval, our FD's and their's criss-cross frequently, yet mostly only for mutal training sessions here in our county and theirs. I have witnessed many a time also when Mexicali FD vehicles are in our parades over the years. I have also seen many pictures of our county/cities FD's posing both here and in Mexicali.

As to PD... fagetaboutit. Mexico's "sovergnty (spelling?)" will never allow that to happen around here.

What about San Ysidro nobody33? Could they be similar to us in mutal aid yet restricted to a certain amount of miles they could travel?

Scott
Last edited by scott47 on Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
nobody33

Post by nobody33 »

I think I have gotten one call from CBP about a female going into labor at the POE in SY, I'm honestly suprised I haven't gotten tons. I have never heard SDFD and TJ fire do any work together. That doesn't mean they don't, just that I have never heard of it. I should correct myself, we do take major reports for stuff that occurs in mexico and it gets forewarded to the mexican authorities for follow up. I doubt anything happens with those reports though.
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

nobody33 wrote: I have never heard SDFD and TJ fire do any work together. .
Actually, I heard a story about that from another news photog.. He said the last time SDFD ever went to TJ for mutual aid, so much equipment was stolen off of the truck that they don't do it anymore. Since that time, I've heard that they will lay a line across the border for fires near the fence, but not go to Mexico.
radioPrescott

Re: Reply to nobody33

Post by radioPrescott »

nobody33 wrote:I read a while back about a IB lifeguard saving a mexican lifeguard, I wonder how they found out about it.
I was driving over the Cornado Bridge at the time and managed to catch TJFD talking to USCG on Marine Ch. 16, very fast, very loud, mostly Spanish. CG had a heck of a time understanding him.

CG must have relayed to IBLG via another radio or phone. Never heard IB talk to CG or TJ on Ch 16. Of course I only had my conventional scanner in the car at the time, so couldn't hear any RCS traffic.

Regards

John
scott47

RSC?

Post by scott47 »

I know what RCS stands for but what is RSC? It is a barcode "tag/sticker" with a combination of letters and numbers located on the backside of my wife's HT (with the battery pack removed).

Scott

WHO IS GOING TO ?

Post by 31 »

Who In EL Centro with high speed internet is going to run windows encoder and stream the audio to a select few of us?
scott47

Audio Stream

Post by scott47 »

Who In EL Centro with high speed internet is going to run windows encoder and stream the audio to a **(select few)** of us?

I tried switching to another SBC account with a different SpeedStream modem (without a router) and found out it expired last month instead of this one as I was led to believe. The reason for the switch was due to the wisdom of 31 in advising me of the people listening in overwhelming our system/account.

I then went back to the main account with the faster SpeedStream linked to our router Linkskys #BEFSR41 and tried again with the updated/everchanging IP#. I then used the encoder again and with the correct #'s, yet still no one else could hear the tranmissions besides our own computers.

I then figured out that the router has its own built in firewall (Windows default turned off) and entered its setup page(s). I could not find ANYWHERE to disable the firewall. I fiddled around with the settings and screwed up everything.

It took me about three days to get it all back in order and back on line. Imagine my two kids yelling at me, "Daddy!. I CAN'T GET ON THE INTERNET!!" My wife was also not very pleasent with me since she uses her city of Calexico PD's laptop and this computer to do police work/stuff before she goes on duty and even on her days off.

If anyone is familiar with this router and knows the procedure of turning its firewall off, please let me know. Also, no... I cannot separate the modem and router because of my explanation in the paragraph above. There are, however, small time frames that can/do pop up when my wife and kids are out of town.

Scott
scott47

Border Patrol HT's

Post by scott47 »

I finally got to "inspect" close-up a BP HT from a friend of my wife here in El Centro. Frustration set in once I asked questions and examined it closely!

The HT is a Motorola A XTS 3100. It has a built in screen, yet it is totally blank on ALL channels/settings! To make matters worse, when I removed the battery pack, all of the stickers/ID markers had been removed or "scratched" out on the backside of the radio.

The agent says that when Homeland Security took over and replaced their communication gear, they were basically told it was digital and more secure. A lot of them assumed it was either in the 800 or 900 range (due to the clarity of chatter from the border all the way up to the BP inspection station north of Brawley).

I am now really puzzled as to whether or not they are actually in the 800-900 frq or still in the lower bands and using encryption. As an aside, the agent said she heard they were using "military encrypto".

Also, a search for the XTS 3100 has so far turned up nada. Numerous 3000's, yet even tho they resemble simple simularities such as the top/knob/antenna configuration, the 3100's front "plate/pad" is quite different. I even went to the Motorola site too and found zilch on this model!

Scott
Last edited by scott47 on Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
pocho

Post by pocho »

Hmmm. I heard that the BP is digital and on the 170 Mhz band, with encrypti :roll: n. I indeed hear some digital/encryption stuff in the 170 Mhz area, and I'm pretty sure it's them.

p :) ch :wink:

LISTEN TO ME

Post by 31 »

LISTEN TO ME: BP is NOT!!! 800 or 900 they are DIGITAL AND ENCRIPTED in the 160-170mhz band.