RCS East - Reception in Coastal North County

Come here to talk about the San Diego and Imperial County Regional Communications System. This is a great resource to share talkgroups and information about the countywide RCS.
jjwool

RCS East - Reception in Coastal North County

Post by jjwool »

To the Moderator or anyone else that might know: Can RCS East be received in Coastal North County? Or is it subject to limitation like the RCS South Loop is (Can't receive it North of Hwy 52)? Tks for any info :shock:
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

I suspect you can, dependent on your actual location. I can almost guarantee there are spots where you can "see" the east zone sites. Like everything in UHF +, it's all about line of sight and most of the east sites tower over us.

I can hear east sites almost reliably anywhere I go in the south zone, I pick one or another up.

Program up the control channel and if hear it, run with it.

Sean
jjwool

RCS East Reception in Coastal North County

Post by jjwool »

Tks for the reply Sean, I'll give it a try.
Control

Post by Control »

The 'common point' for all RCS stuff is the SO comm center in Kearney Mesa. If you can see that, you can get ANY RCS traffic. The 'zones' are for agencies using the RCS, the actual reception isn't disabled simply by location.

Check out the control channels

Post by 31 »

go to http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=499

look at the control channels if you hear data for site 3 then youll get east simulcast