Who is currently using N-LE Tac

Come here to talk about the San Diego and Imperial County Regional Communications System. This is a great resource to share talkgroups and information about the countywide RCS.
SDnative

Who is currently using N-LE Tac

Post by SDnative »

Does anyone know who is currently using North LE Tac channels for their regular radio traffic? I don't have a radio most of the day, and have not been able to determine which agency it is, and wondering why they would not be using their regular TGs.
megahertz440

Could be SO motor units?

Post by megahertz440 »

Not sure about the use as 'regular radio traffic' but I have often heard sheriff motorized ("Mary") units assigned in North County use LE North Tacs 2 and 3 for comms with one another when traveling to/from Vista court, County Operations, or for bike repair in San Diego. It's more like a "Bike to Bike" repeated talkgroup because they are often out of range with one another to use "Car to Car" on direct/simplex AND the radio traffic is not appropriate for use a Dispatch or primary Tac talkgroup.
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

No, it was dispatch to units like 2George, 1Unit, and others.

I don't listen to Oceanside or Carlsbad PD often, but it sounded like their unit numbers. But I don't know either area, and did not recognize any major street names.

Just wondering.
Control

Post by Control »

Escondido PD has an operation there a few days ago, that was probably what you heard.