RCS North East Zone

Come here to talk about the San Diego and Imperial County Regional Communications System. This is a great resource to share talkgroups and information about the countywide RCS.
jjwool

RCS North East Zone

Post by jjwool »

I'm a little confused about the zone. What cities/communities are considered as being in the zone?

What mountain top freq would be a good one to use to hear it/or a simulcast from coastal south Oceanside? Or can it be heard from this location?

I've looked at maps and am not quite certain which ones are high enough to receive a signal from.

Seeing my 396 package at the door made my day! :D

Tks for any replies.

8/20/07 - Tks for the reply OSW. I've programmed in the CC's. I've been receiving Rural SDSO and Santee, but that's about all. And I think maybe I was receiving them previous to programming the NorthEast CCs.
Last edited by jjwool on Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OSW

Post by OSW »

A zone is comprised of multiple sites in a networked trunked system which all operate in parallel with the same frequencies. This subsystem is considered either simulcast or receiver voting.

It's meant to cover the North East part of the County and slightly north. You may be able to, though intermittently, receive the control channel. I would suggest plugging the control channels in conventionally and seeing which you can receive.