need help with SDPD southern

Forum to post information about the San Diego City Trunked Radio System. This is the best place to post newly discovered talkgroups and other info that pertain to this system.
Greg88

need help with SDPD southern

Post by Greg88 »

im new to scanning and I wanted to know how to get the southern division of the SDPD which says 001296 but when I put that in it just says error...help?
Brian

Post by Brian »

not sure but did you try just inputing 1296 without the first two zero's.

plus make sure the scanner is set to 'MOT' mode & splinter mode.
Greg88

Post by Greg88 »

yup, it accepts but nothing comes through and I know there is activity in southern division....how do I make sure about it being on right setting?
Brian

Post by Brian »

Do you hear any other talkgroups on that scanner. ?

I'm not really a pro on radioshack scanners.
Greg88

Post by Greg88 »

just so you know I got this scanner today..bear with me. Im not sure how to get callgroups...i have gotten some frequencies like a couple of CHP and some medic and some SDPD like 857.0500
Brian

Post by Brian »

To make you life easier on you! You should get the software program.

Butel software makes most of the programs for all the scanners out there!
http://butel.nl/products/arc433/arc433.html

El Cajon CHP is on the RCS County system on a DIGITAL talkgroup.
San Diego CHP 39.400
OceanSide CHP is on 39.800

If you go back to the RCS page.
You would need to input the SOUTHZONE control freqs in and set the scanner to Motorola Mode (read the Manual) and set each freq to MOT not FM.

For San Diego City system
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=330
Last edited by Brian on Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg88

Post by Greg88 »

im putting all the southern frequencies, but my question is how to put the decimals for like the SDPD southern and all those
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

Greg88 wrote:im putting all the southern frequencies, but my question is how to put the decimals for like the SDPD southern and all those
I think you're confused on something. 1296 (you can forget about the leading zeros.) is a TALKGROUP ID. The frequencies (8xx.xxx) are different. You put in all of the frequencies of the system into the scanner and that is called "setting up the trunk system". After that, you have to enter the TALKGROUP ID's into that system. I don't use any Radio Shack scanners and they're a bit different than Uniden, so I won't comment on how to do it, but others may.

Reading your question and choice of words leads me to believe you're trying to put 0001296 in as a FREQUENCY. I think this is where you're going wrong.

Can someone give the basic steps for prgging up his RS scanner?
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

Greg88 wrote:im putting all the southern frequencies, but my question is how to put the decimals for like the SDPD southern and all those
There are no Southern FREQUENCIES. There is ONE talkgroup ID (1296). The FREQUENCIES are shared among all users of the system. I think we're stuck with a terminology issue here. Read post above post.
Greg88

Post by Greg88 »

yea now I think I got it I want to get those talkgroup IDs in but not sure how...my instruction book is not very helpful. And in which frequency would I put the talkgroup ID?