need help with SDPD southern

Forum to post information about the San Diego City Trunked Radio System. This is the best place to post newly discovered talkgroups and other info that pertain to this system.
Brian

Post by Brian »

You should set up the 'bank' first and start scanning.
So enter all the San Diego City Freqs in and set the bank up first for motorola trunking/etc.

IF you did everything correct and scan in 'open' mode you will start seeing the talkgroups pop up.... then you can enter the talkgroups in.
Greg88

Post by Greg88 »

oh God I need help, well I copied in all the SD fequencies but the question is how and where do I put in the talkgroup IDs???
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

Ok let's see if I can tackle this. All I use is RS Scanners. First you need to put all the frequencies in for the SD City System. You can find them here on this site under the listings section. After you've done that you need to make sure it's set as a splinter system. Will have to look in the manual for that. Now to put the talkgroup ID's in. Push program then trunk this will get you to the sub banks. Example if your in Bank 0 it should say Bank 0-0 this means your in Bank 0 Sub-Bank 0 and then Bank 1 would say Bank 1-0 etc. etc. To scroll through the Sub-Banks push the trunk button. There are 5 Sub-Banks in each Bank. Not sure how many Banks are in the 528, but in my 97 I have 10 0 to 9. Put the talkgroups in however you want. You also want to make sure the Sub-Bank is on. Have to look in the manual again to read how to do that. I have'nt seen a 528 yet, but it should be the same set up as the other RS Scanners I would think. If you have any other questions. I'll try to help as best as I can.
Greg88

Post by Greg88 »

wont let me input the talkgroup ID, the one I want to input is the Southern for SDPD and on here it says 001296 but on my scanner it only has for 5 digits and they are divided like this ##.### and I tried to put 01.296 but it wont work neither does 12.96
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

You are still trying to enter a talkgroup where you're supposed to be entering a frequency, or you have set up the wrong type of trunking system. City of San Diego is a Motorola Smartnet Type II system.

You need to sit down, and READ your manual. All of it. Go over how to program trunking systems, and talkgroups into those trunking systems.

It's not simple enough to tell you how this way, you need to READ THE MANUAL and learn to do it.

1) You enter the trunking system, frequencies and type of system.
2)THEN, you can enter talk groups. It's a seperate step.

You should be able to monitor the trunking system without ever entering a talkgroup, in 'open' mode. (read the manual!) It will be showing you the talkgroups it's stopped on in that mode. Once that's working, THEN fool around with entering talkgroups.
Greg88

Post by Greg88 »

I already have all of the San diego City frequencies entered in bank 3, I already know how to enter the frequencies that was the easy part but I want to moniter the Southern Division specificaly since I am down in San Ysidro most of the day and the manual isnt very helpful.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Let's send out the Programmingmobile!
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

Sounds like you have your talkgroups set for Edacs. You need to hit the mode button until you see MO.
Greg88

Post by Greg88 »

options it gives ne after I put Program and Trunk are E2-800, E2-900, E2-Hi, E2-UHF (or VHF), E1, Ed, Ed-SCt, and Lt and all give me only the option for ##.###. But after I chose one it gives me a few more options which are Prog F, Prog id, ScnList, Off On, S-b it, Eot, CC only, or Id Lout. I put in Prog id.
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

You want 'E2-800', then Prog-F to put in the frequencies, THEN, after you've done that, Prog-ID to put in talk groups.